Thread: A Few Good Weekend Finds

A Few Good Weekend Finds

These are the finds from my past three hunts, Friday through Sunday. The seated dimes made my weekend, especially the 1874. It's in beautiful shape.

Friday

I found these at a Connecticut park. The dimes are dated 1918 and 1920.

The religious pendant is plated. I like the old wheat cents though.

Saturday

I was supposed to meet up with midas to detect at a scraped site but I got there a bit late. I overslept. I was hoping to pick up some old coins but I had to leave after detecting for an hour so. I did find a few wheat cents and some old buttons, but no silver. Then on my way home I passed a town common I had detected last year, so I decided to return there later in the afternoon. It turned out well, as I picked up three silver dimes, dated 1874, 1898, and 1918. I also dug up four Indian Head cents, dated 1887, 1888, 1897, and 1907.

There were several old wheat cents too.

The rest of the stuff, a few buttons, a 1924 dog tag, and other miscellaneous items.

Sunday

Today I headed to Central MA to scout out several sites. Three of the sites have had their grounds redone but I still spent time detecting them, just in case. Another two sites yielded a few good targets, a 1917 mercury dime, a 1889 seated dime, a five cent token, a sterling silver ring, a 1883 Indian Head cent, and several old wheat cents.

Not a bad weekend at all.

HH!

Re: A Few Good Weekend Finds

i'm at a loss for words. from now on all ya get is this>>>

You took the words right out of my mouth Dave

The photo just above the one with the second seated dime. What is that in the upper right-hand corner?

Yes, I'll wait while you go fish it out of the I'll get to it later dumptruck

Nice seated dimes, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    i'm at a loss for words. from now on all ya get is this>>>
    You are too kind. Thanks, Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth Dave

The photo just above the one with the second seated dime. What is that in the upper right-hand corner?

Yes, I'll wait while you go fish it out of the I'll get to it later dumptruck

Nice seated dimes, congrats!
    That thingy? I don't know. It's lucky it even ended up in my good finds pouch. I will have to take a closer look. I'll let you know.

Is that all you find is junk? What a great couple of hunts. Two really nice Seated Dimes and all the rest of the stuff. I bet you don't even know how many Seated you have You need a secretary just to log your silver Great finds!! It's a nice thing, that older machines were incapable of finding the deeper silver coins until now. It makes a lot of them Barber and Seated.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Is that all you find is junk? What a great couple of hunts. Two really nice Seated Dimes and all the rest of the stuff. I bet you don't even know how many Seated you have You need a secretary just to log your silver Great finds!! It's a nice thing, that older machines were incapable of finding the deeper silver coins until now. It makes a lot of them Barber and Seated.
    I really need to start placing them all in 2X2 holders.

The 1874 seated was fairly deep, 9 1/2 to 10 inches. The other two dimes were no deeper than 8.

In Fridays finds,with the wheats , is that a 1937 one pence?
    Just one of those days would've made my hole weekend
    Congrats l

Great finds Angel. Most folks who get a dime trifecta, get the Rosie-Merc-Barber version. You pulled the Seated-Barber-Merc trifecta! Amazing. Congratulations. Be careful though, I am up to 14 silvers for the year and might try to catch you!!! muhahahahahahahahaha.....
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

As usual Angel... WOW!
    To think its just June and you have already exceeded last years Silver count...
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Veteran Member

I like that old ring, and of course the seateds. WTG

Those seated are high on my list this year. I figure I'm finding shield nickels, the seated have to be here somewhere.

Inspiring finds!
    Minelab E-Trac

Thanks guys! thumbsup01

Quote Originally Posted by Ill Digger View Post
    In Fridays finds,with the wheats , is that a 1937 one pence?
    Just one of those days would've made my hole weekend
    thumbsup01 ......
    Congrats
    Yes, it is a 1937 one pence.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    As usual Angel... WOW!
    To think its just June and you have already exceeded last years Silver count...
    Not quite, but almost there. Last year I ended up with 447. This year the count so far stands at 422.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodawn View Post
    Those seated are high on my list this year. I figure I'm finding shield nickels, the seated have to be here somewhere.

Inspiring finds!
    I agree. That site may yield a few such coins if you are digging nickels that old.

you do very well!

Very nice finds. The seated coins are always a great find.
    Vision, DX-1