Thread: NEL Coils any good?

Threaded View

NEL Coils any good?

I been looking for a DD for my TR. Unfortunately very few places carry the coils with push-in connectors. There are some I did find with no mods needed from metaldetecting.com ($128) and KellyCo ($135).
    EDIT: the push on styles I did find on those sites are not NEL brand.

I have been searching the internet a bit for the past few months, besides for the research for places, and I did stumble upon some information the coils for the fisher F4 work on Bounty Hunter models. Yes, yes... there might be a plan to upgrade my machine but I can still become proficient with this one and tweek (not twerk) my attack on detecting spots. Has anyone used the NEL coils? I just shot them an email asking if they have any coils with push-on connectors because they do carry coils for the BH models without a discription of connection style. It would be better to change at the machine to mate with screw on connector but it is still in BH's 5 year warranty so I will have to see about having them do the work so I don't void warranty. I am sure that even tho I work at an FAA/CAAC, ISO9110 shop that it won't grant exception to the warranty. That being said, most issues are at the connector (with electronics in general). It's the weakest link, hence why I would like to change the connector...But it would leave my stock 8" and spare 4" useless (unless there is an adapter). Just wondering tho if anyone has used the NEL coils even if not for the BH models. Due to categories, tho, I had to post under the BH section of the forum.

EDIT: I did find forums and possible home made adaptees using a mic cable for the threaded 5 pin end and get solder mating connector for 6 pin DIN. Whichever way. Male-female to keep stock panel connector or Female-male to replace stock connector but still be able to use old coils with new connector.
    Last edited by MangoAve; 01-05-2015 at 07:14 PM.