I am a retired intellectual property (patent, trademarks, copyrights) attorney living near Huntsville, TX. I am a Texas native and am a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin in electrical engineering and law. I have lived in Iowa and Michigan as well as Texas through the years. My last job was as Chief Intellectual Property Counsel for Meritor, Inc., an automotive supplier in Troy, MI.

I describe myself as a serial hobbyist. Through the years I have engaged in photography, ham radio (WD5CID/KY8T/KV5M- now extra class), astronomy, computers, Jeeping, genealogy, and metal detecting. I enjoy writing computer programs for fun. Years ago I had a very successful shareware program to teach Morse code called "Super Morse." Now I write web pages using HTML, PHP and JavaScript.

I am a history buff, and my wife and I like to travel in our RV. Out last major trip was t Alaska last summer. I enjoy reading non-fiction, mainly history, and especially military history.

I serve on my small town city council, area emergency services district board, county historical commission and a board for an independent living home for those with mental issues.

I bought my first metal detector, a White's Spectrum XLT about 2000 after sitting next to an enthusiast on an airplane flight, but I did not use it very much. I recently became interested in metal detecting again and bought a Garrett AT Pro and had my White's failing screen replaced to use as a backup and guest machine. One of my objectives is to get some exercise.

If you are within striking distance of Huntsville, TX and would like to get together for an MD hunt, send me a message.