Thread: KY town yields 5 generations

KY town yields 5 generations

These are my finds from last two hunts that Commotion and I have gone on. These are finds mostly from private yards in the town that we have been granted permission to hunt. The rosies and 10k ring came from a small city park that is not even listed. As with all of the property owners, they inform us that there yards have been hunted many times in the past years but that we were welcome to hunt. It seems that I am starting to enjoy the challenge of hunting these hunted yards. I also enjoy the expression on the property owner’s face when I come up with an old coin.
    The 5 generations of coins found are 1956, 1957 rosies, 1945,& two 1944 Merks, 1909 Barber, 1877 seated dime, & a 1833 Capped bust half dime. The small ring is 10k and many wheat’s along with clad coins were also dug. Thanks for looking. Handyman

Vision, DX-1

Re: KY town yields 5 generations

Very nice assortment of silver my friend! That half dime must have been quite a surprise when you popped it up!
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Those are some excellent finds for sure. It sure is great to see any Capped Bust coins pop out of the ground. Nice photo too!

From Capped Bust to Roosevelts, what a generation gap lol Great finds and I think you two are on to something good. Seems like you developed some techniques to hunt, hunted out yards. Great job and super finds!!
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Very Very nice capped bust 1/2 dime...congrats! On the wish lit here.
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Capped bust half dime?

Wow... nice!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Thanks, I have to admitt it is my first bust coin and I was a bit suprized as well as speachless. The sizeing on my graph was a great help in the decision to dig this one.
    Vision, DX-1

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    From Capped Bust to Roosevelts, what a generation gap lol Great finds and I think you two are on to something good. Seems like you developed some techniques to hunt, hunted out yards. Great job and super finds!!
    HAHA! The only thing good we are on to is me cleaning out all the trash and Handyman finding all the treasure!
    Just kidding, I am just as thrilled for him when he finds that great stuff, gives me hope my turn is next!
    One thing I have really come away with these last few weeks since we have gotten up the courage to just drive up and ask people is that there are some really nice people in my town and I carry such pride with me for this county.

great group of coins Handyman , that bust HD is beautiful . huge congrats to ya thumbsup01
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Very nice digs.

Like you, I love it when people tell me there's nuthin there because someone has hunted an area before.

Thanks for the pics.
    I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

Great Hunt! That 1/2 dime is certainly on my wish list.. Great Job!
    Equipment: Garrett AT Pro

Great job Kevin! That is too cool---- 5 generations!!! Big time congrats on the capped bust half dime! 177 yrs old... Looking forward to hunting with you two soon
    Oldest silver-- 1838o seated dime (no stars)
    Oldest copper-- 1820 LC

White's V3i, Coinmaster, XLT, Prism IV, Whites new TRX PP- Love it!!! Garretts PP

That is some great hunting , kinda takes one's breath away seeing such an array of fine coins topped off with a Caped Bust . Great photo's too . Inspiring to say the least . Nice going Handyman .

Baba