Thread: Day Off, Good Start

Threaded View

Day Off, Good Start

I had two places in mind the next town over. One was a colonial home site where they built a modern but now rotting house on the old cellar hole. Too bad the property was used as a car junk yard as late as the 1980s. Nothing but car parts and tires everywhere. The walls were beautiful though...but I left for the next site down the road. Right across the street from a current colonial, two pens with walkways through the walls. The place was picked clean. On to an improvised 3rd site, a place I've done well before. Someone was there this week, dig holes and cleared patches everywhere. They were thorough. I went out into the swingable fields (woods now but were fields in the 1800s). I found everything out there. Yesterday's rain helped pop the targets. The targets were faint and deep. The navy button was 9in and under a rotting log, but consistent from all angles. The oxknob was also deep, didn't read well, jumpy, even a few iron gruts.
    The back mark on the button has a crown on it and says, E.L.B & Co London (I think-the initials are hard to read). I can't read the date on the LC ....so close
    Nice to finally get out! Not much issue with frozen ground in the wooded fields.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew