What would be a good suggestion for the significant other to have for a detector? She did tell me to just get a better one and she will use mine. And I got a new NEL DD coiming to try out!!? Although I would like one just a tad bit newer I am gunning to be proficient with the one I have. I would like the Vx3 as it is almost like the V3i, but it looks like the battery life is half what I would like. Only eight hours; So one maybe two hunts on 8-AA batteries. The only one I found between 400 and 800 with dual frequency would be the Fisher CZ but I don't like the box and knobs. I would rather buttons and gui and LCD. Kinda why I wanna just stick with what I got.

Anyway, I think it's a tough decision to make for a machine between these three.The weakness of one is a strenght of the other. Even if it was for me I wouldn't know what to pick out of these three. They are all VLF and close in frequency. All have pinpoint modes and auto/manual ground balancing. And they are all almost the same price. I'll only point out the differences. I do believe she's a beginner which is why I chose ease of use. No fiddlin' with knobs and boy would I think the ground balance to the F4 would be a pain pumping the detector every time you start out.

Bounty Hunter Platinum (made by Texas First)
4 Tones
Takes one 9V.
0-99 VDI. (actually 10-99)
3 segment depth indicator
6 levels of sensitivity
*this has the control box on separate handle shaft
* Rated at 9" depth of US quarter

Teknetics Delta 4000 (made by Texas First)
3 Tones
Takes one 9V.
0-99 VDI. (actually 10-99)
5 segment depth indicator.
8 levels of sensitivity
* Rated at 11" depth of US quarter

Whites' coinmaster Pro
3 Tones
Takes two 9V.
5 segment depth indicator.
NO VDI reading
8 levels of sensitivity.