Thread: Bounty Hunter Service,,, Thank You!!

Bounty Hunter Service,,, Thank You!!

I recently purchased a broken Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 detector on the real cheap. The 2013 unit was in good overall condition, but had an inked LCD and was missing the battery cover. The price was right and I figured I could part it out on a certain auction site and make a dollar or two. On a whim I contacted BH service ( or First Texas??,, or Fisher?? all three names were used during this transaction ) After speaking with them, I decided to send it in for repair and use it as a loaner when friends wanted to try detecting.

About a week after sending it in I got a phone call from a gentleman named Carlos. He advised they had gone over the machine and the repair would be $25.00,,,, including the missing battery cover and shipping. It was back in my hands in another week and is working great. I can't express how happy I am with the whole experience. BH service was a pleasure to work with. While I hope I never need them again,,, if I do I will have full confidence that I will be treated as a valued customer. Thanks Bounty Hunter Service!!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

That's great to know. Always liked Bounty Hunter, first machine I started with in the late 70's. They were one of the big dogs then... I take out my 202 every now and then.
    HH & GL, Dan
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

I never heard back from them asking about a...well ..modification. Due to the fact the twist lock connectors on coils seem to be the norm now and push in are special order and may become harder to find than a gold cache . But I also never heard back from NEL either whether the push in connector was available to order as they sell directly From their site.

As far as machines go I think they can be just as good as some of those other pro models. I was recently going thru my manual with sharper eyes and found my machine can be used for determining areas for fill based upon the ground balance feature in all metal mode to plot the area change. It even makes mention of using oversized coils on the machine. The new land ranger pro has a lot of features. Even with tone selection and a vco tone like the etrac. They just seem like a company that has been gone extra corporate so you find some models in places like Dick's and RadioShack. They are three companies and they own a night vision division. That explains why. Texas first is the parent corporation which under it is the three sister companies, BH, technetics, and Fisher. That's why some coils are designed to fit on 'different' brands. I will say tho, that someone made mention of white's on their v3i series on how they acted corporate too. I just like the functions provided on the BH line.

Glad you had a pleasant experience. These days, some electronics have to go back to the manufacturer in a land far, far away or to a service center with a 6 month backlog. Thanks for sharing.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00