Thread: New here very surprised at the lack of resonant post's

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Epi-hunter View Post
    Thanks! I agree - it's a pulchritudinous outfit. And definitely.... dominating.

Well, the full chemical name for titin is a brobdingnagian word for sure. Yes, I can recite it from memory. It was required knowledge in order to graduate (so we could "practice"). However, there are potentially longer words than that, did you know? For example, if you were to name a strand of DNA, with all of the repeating base pairs/possible combinations, you could easily be into the millions or even billions of letters.

I was looking for a good engineering joke to post, since you poked fun at my profession. But I couldn't find one that was funny.
    Ah, that's because us engineers don't have a sense of humor. I thought you knew that.

Here is one:

A Engineer gets home from work and sees a note on the fridge from his wife. “This isn’t working, I’m at my moms”. he opens the fridge and checks the light, then grabs a beer and feels it cold. The engineer thinks to himself. “The fridge works fine”.

Here is one for your side:

Doctors at a hospital in Brooklyn, New York have gone on strike. Hospital officials say they will find out what the Doctors' demands are as soon as they can get a pharmacist over there to read the picket signs!
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-11-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.