Thread: First silver of 2015.....

First silver of 2015.....

Headed out this morning to a local park...yes one of those beat to death parks. I have hunted it numerous times, no silver in fact very little clad. There are quite a few folks with detectors around. This park goes back to the early 30's, I knew there had to be some silver hiding somewhere. Started hunting an area by the ball field, just a small strip between the sidewalk and the park road. The cross (bling) was the first to come up then pennies then the junk started beating me up. Then the sweet tone on the Etrac that makes you stop....the Mercury was about 6 inches down.. I wanted to hunt longer but the cold and wind just had me froze . Headed to the house after about an hour.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  41.8 KB
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

Congrats on your first Silver this year. Just goes to show, they always leave something behind. I'm glad you were able to find it.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Very inspirational!!! Congrats!!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Thanks Gents, was wanting to get out tomorrow but we have a bunch of rain on the way and the temps are dropping. I'm thinking old man winter is back.... Has anyone else found one of the pennies with the angel or ghost punched out of it like the one I found? Any Info?
    HH & GL, Dan
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

Congrats on the 1926 Merc! It just goes to show you that even the most pounded park still has keepers that are hiding, and the E-Trac is the machine to find them.

No, I have never found one of those pennies with a shape punched out like that. Very cool!

Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Now that the way to show that park who's boss. Congrats on the your 1st silver of 2015.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Great hunt for an hour! Silver, a cross & a punched penny. I love a variety. Good luck on the next time out.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Great job and the persistence paid off for you. Here's wishing for spring to come sooner than later!

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos