Thread: Babygirl is on the board for 2015

Babygirl is on the board for 2015

Well I had to tend to a Ford Ranger water pump today. Since the weather was good, rather than stay inside on the Ipad, I made my daughter play outside. She decided to swing the Ace 350 for a while. My house was built in 1970, and was originally just steep pasture land that held no previous structures that I can document. I've found a bunch of clad in the driveway,, and a ton of gutter and siding slaw around the yard from a messy construction crew. But there is no reasonable hope of digging my first silver here.

So Babygirl digs up a few pennies, a nail in the driveway and some trash. Then she announced that she found a dime. I yell congrats from under the hood and don't give it a second thought. As she is brushing it off she says it's got Roosevelt on it,,,,,,, and innocently adds that it's a 1963. It takes a couple of seconds for my mind to grasp what she said, but when it clicks I jumped up and said wh, wh, what??!! I rushed over and it looked like clad to me, but without my glasses I couldn't read the date. I asked her to check again and she sheepishly grins and says "oops, it's a 67". Sorry rascal sure got my attention though,,, and we both had a good laugh over it.

I snapped a few pics to share,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Precious!!! Love them moments while you can. They grow up too fast. Thanks for the post.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Nice story and photos. Way to train them right while they're young and impressionable.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Just awesome, congratulations on an up and coming young lady.

OH so close. Nice post and pics. Any chance of her learning how to replace the water pump???
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

I have coached her through changing plugs on the Harley,,,, I wouldn't think a little old water pump would be too hard,,,,, good thinking.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Great story. Reminds me on my son's first metal detecting outing with me 2 years ago (he was 8 then) and his second find was a Kennedy clad half. Common coin, but uncommon find. It was awesome to see his excitement.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos