Thread: The New Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

The New Garrett Pro-Pointer AT

Looking forward to information, and comparisons on this pin-pointer. Anybody had a hands on yet?
    "Knowledge counts but common sense matters." ~ LouAnne Johnson

Minelab E-Trac - Whites Vision/V3 - JeTco GTX Huntmaster - Whites Bullseye TRX - Garrett Pro-Pointer

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Here are a couple of videos showing the features and it in action. I see a few dealers are taking preorders around $127 with delivery dates starting around 2-16. If they got rid of the falling issues it looks like it is Going to be a winner, IMHO. Now I have something else I have to buy.
    http://youtu.be/Hyuyiw2T9A0
    http://youtu.be/US0JYIlHy20

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

I know this is an older thread but didn't see any feedback here. I have the AT carrot and love it. I was debating on going with the Makro but since using the original pro pointer with the on/off button location where it is, I was unsure of being able to get acclimated to the Makro on/off location. I think I made the right choice.
    "Every opportunity missed is an opportunity for regret”
    Karl Kloppenborg

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerguy View Post
    I know this is an older thread but didn't see any feedback here. I have the AT carrot and love it. I was debating on going with the Makro but since using the original pro pointer with the on/off button location where it is, I was unsure of being able to get acclimated to the Makro on/off location. I think I made the right choice.

God and all of my friends know I didn't need another pinpointer in "my stable", but I bought the Carrot at a bargain.

Here is my run down. It is great in depth, over 2.75 inches on nickels, easy to detune on the fly, yet just isn't loud enough for my ears with HPs on.

Having said all that, I like it but before I register it, I'll probably try to sell mine. Heck, this Carrot now makes 7 pointers.

I can keep it too. It is a nice pointer with side detection. Waterproof has never been a priority for me.

I was never someone to put tape over the original pointers to tone it down. Loudness is my issue. Everything is is near perfect with this pointer. martin
    Last edited by MartinL; 10-16-2015 at 08:21 PM.

I've got one and my only issue is I wish the side scan was switchable if it isn't needed. It can be misleading in small holes because sometimes I'm not sure from which direction it's picking something up. In bigger holes that's not an issue. Also, I dropped it in the woods once and found it because of the inactivity alarm. It paid for itself right there.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

I agree with Skamaniac. The Carrot is a very good pinpointer, but small holes can be a challenge especially in trashy areas. It does get frustrating and I do wish you could turn the side scan off.
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Waterproof Pinpointer, CTX3030 with 6,11,17" coils.

A quick press of the button ratchets it down for more precise pointing. I don't understand the problem.

I just returned my "Garrett Carrot" to the manufacturer. After only 6 months of use, two holes formed in the pinpointer without me knowing it. Water entered and "POW!"...dead pinpointer! I've had my black Garrett pinpointer for 3 years and it's still going strong!
    Minelab CTX 3030
    Minelab Excalibur II
    Minelab GoFind 60
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
    Garrett AT ProPointer
    Garrett Recovery Tool
    Stealth 720i Sand Scoop
    Vibra-Quatic 2 Pinpointer
    Land and Sea Pinpointer
    Lesche Digging Tool
    Lesche 40" Shovel
    Lesche Piranha Shovel
    2007 Jeep JK to get me to where the treasure is!

My Youtube Channel! American Digger in Europe:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/AmericanDiggerInEurope

I love my At pointer. If I have a deep target, and I start a big hole, I turn the sensitivity up to know which direction to dig. Then I turn the sensitivity down to get a more precise location. It is 10x better than the old bullseye 2 pointer ... I hate that pointer.