Thread: 1 driveway = 2 permissions! Instant Karma.

1 driveway = 2 permissions! Instant Karma.

So, suited up this morning and headed over to my mother's house for my weekly hot threesome with my snow blower and shovel.

Noticed her friend one house up and across the street hadn't had any real snow removal done the past couple storms. Apparently she doesn't have any family in the area, and is getting too old to shovel anything other than light stuff. So once I was done with mom, gassed up and headed over.
    While I was dealing with that tundra, a car pulls up with a woman driving. One of the neighbors a few houses up thanking me for helping out. Well, after seeing the old farmhouse she pointed to when I asked where she lived, I had to ask. Answer was yes!

She's 7'th or 8'th generation from that farm, and mentioned finding a coin from the 1800's on the surface in a bare part of the yard. After getting home, I looked at the area in GIS mapping and am even more glad I performed an act of kindness. Most of the surrounding farms (including the largest that's on my permission sheet for this year), a street, and some land shares their last name. In between are other old houses as well I hope to hit. I'm real happy about this one. Could lead to a lot of acreage to hunt in an older area of that town.
    Other permission came from my mother's friend. Not sure what was on that lot before the current house, but there's one big ol' tree on the back corner of her lot, and it's between these farms, barns, and houses. You never know.

Hope everyone isn't too stir crazy. Hopefully in a couple weeks old man winter starts loosening his grip. I snapped a couple quick pics of the the farmhouse and barn.

Name:  FirstPermission2015.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  134.9 KB

Name:  FirstPermission2015.2.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  70.7 KB
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

congrats on the new permissions Brian , glad your staying productive during this long cold white spell we're having .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Looks like a great spot to hunt. I'll be looking forward to seeing your finds when the snow melts.
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

If productive is digging out relatives and signing up on Facebook to goof off with detectorists over the winter, I nailed it Dan. Today was a nice surprise. Not sure how much more my button field will cough up.

Forgot to ask in your thread, what's your Wrangler? A TJ?
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Bri View Post
    If productive is digging out relatives and signing up on Facebook to goof off with detectorists over the winter, I nailed it Dan. Today was a nice surprise. Not sure how much more my button field will cough up.

Forgot to ask in your thread, what's your Wrangler? A TJ?
    that sounds pretty productive to me Brian , yes its a 2000 TJ but i might upgrade soon to a Rubicon .
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

I love those simpler Jeeps. A friend of mine picked up a low mileage 2004 TJ last year from that guy up in Mass. I may replace the Vic with one once she's worn out.

Nice job Brian! I'm really looking forward to your report on these properties.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

It looked familiar ....but it wasn't a place on my list to ask permission. At least I don't think so. My map app is just littered with starred places I have in mind. Congrats on getting permissions. I would like to be more productive/proactive, altho I already have 3 permissions ready to go when the snow finally disappears. My research is done but I do still find a few places here and there. It might look funny rolling up to a house asking to detect I am sure the first thing on their mind is "Now?? with all this snow???" Plus they may be more apt to open the door when you knock when it isn't so cold. There's been someone out in your town lately. Maybe 4 weeks ago the gf said they were doing the old church. Surprised no one imposed to help you with all that acreage. I'm sure one coil can't cover all the area.

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    yes its a 2000 TJ.
    My friend had a YJ my last year of HS and first few years coll. We took it 4 wheeling through some fields and up near the new development by... was it called millionaire's run? Where the owner of Breck shampoo and Friendly's lived. There was a sand pit where I'm sure people took their quads. It was funny driving along this path behind some houses and come up to a plastic play house blocking the way. Guessing even tho it wasn't their property, they didn't like people going up and down those paths. I been up there since on my bike and It's been clear now. A different time we went over a path by some high tension wires. There were a bunch of big rocks and he managed to bend his tailpipe. lol.

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    WTG, a good deed rewarded. Good luck when you start your hunts.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Look forward to the updates,,, congrats!
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1