Thread: Gold beyond belief

Threaded View

Elite Member

Gold beyond belief

I don't even know how to tell this story as it is 1 in a million. Nice day in Wisconsin again so I headed to a park I found a Gold class ring at last fall. When I found that ring I had just found a clad dime so I decided to dig the iffy nickel signal right next to it and it tuned out to be the class ring. This day I was digging a lot of 11-12/12-14 signals and finding ALL beaver tails. A couple hours into the hunt I hit a decent 12-13 and dug a 4-5" Buffalo Nickel ('21). With that fresh in my head I got an iffy 11-13 that I figured I might as well dig as I just got the Buffalo. About 2-3" down I saw what looked like Gold chain. BOY was it. On a 14K chain were 6 Gold rings (two 14K and four 10 K) 2 had diamonds (pretty small and the rest had no stones or non-diamond stones in them). The chain would have been a really small wrist as it never would of fit my wrist. I think I have found 4 or 5 gold rings since 2012 and today I found 6 at once. Also, why would anyone put all those Gold rings on a chain like that. Not sure if I'll be able to locate an owner but I have an idea on how to get started. Also managed to find another silver which turned out to be another quarter ('39). UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Total silver 3 - Goal 50 (2024 Finds) - 1 Washington - 0 Barber Dimes - 0 Mercury Dimes- - 3 Roosevelt Dimes - 0 V Nickels - 0 Buffalos - 1 War Nickels - 0 Indian - 13 Wheats - $ 4.61 in clad
    Relics: MILESTONES since 2012: 1700 silver coins - 8000 Clad Quarters - 500 Roosevelts - 750 Mercury Dimes