Thread: New GPS Mobile application for metal detection

New GPS Mobile application for metal detection

There is a new great free mobile application for Metal Detection
    GO DETECT (www.go-detect.com)

I just installed it on my Android and It gives me a live trace route of my tour.
    I can pin point live all my findings and create photo my private albums

It is also available on Iphone i thing

I love it

Isa xx

If you don't want people poaching your hunting sites, then I would avoid using such apps.
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy View Post
    If you don't want people poaching your hunting sites, then I would avoid using such apps.
    This was one concern I had.

I downloaded the app and will test it at a local park. I too was concerned about poaching but the app appears to be selfcontained. No friends or forums no way to share your information with anyone. It seems to be a gps that you can pinpoint when u have targets and tracks where you walked to help you grid. I will give it a shot and update along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Oneil1979 View Post
    I downloaded the app and will test it at a local park. I too was concerned about poaching but the app appears to be selfcontained. No friends or forums no way to share your information with anyone. It seems to be a gps that you can pinpoint when u have targets and tracks where you walked to help you grid. I will give it a shot and update along the way
    original poster stated taking ,"photos" which I would avoid doing on your cell phone
    Visit my metal detecting you tube channel to watch some of my digs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/thiltzy1?feature=mhee

That's funny, I looked at that app yesterday. It's a little to "immature" for my liking. Just a handful of downloads so far. I'll let other more daring souls work out the bugs and possible security issues. It may turn out to be a very good app. I'll stick to Back Country Navigator for now for tracing my routes and marking my sites.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

I use locus pro. It does everything that app appears to do, plus it handles kmz overlays. On top of that it has a gps averaging plugin. Which increases the accuracy of your points dramatically.

Does anyone use a handheld that tracks where you have been? Kind of like what the Minelab 3030 does?
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Does anyone use a handheld that tracks where you have been? Kind of like what the Minelab 3030 does?
    It isn't a handheld gps but locus pro does that.

I have a tracphone. Apps won't work on it. I'd like to get a cheap Garmen, I'm looking at a wrist mount 301.
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

I bougt a cheap garmen from fleabay. It's great fun uploading your days dig onto google earth, and it never fails to amuse that those nice steaight lines you thought you were walking while detecting, turn into a spider's scrawl over the fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpendoodle View Post
    ...it never fails to amuse that those nice steaight lines you thought you were walking while detecting, turn into a spider's scrawl over the fields.
    It's even worse detecting in the woods Lumpendoodle....no such thing as walking a straight line

Wow Jeff , from that map it looks as if you were under the influence of some liquid "spirits " while lost in the woods .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

LOL.....yeah Dan it does look like I had a quart of vodka for breakfast ! Those lines actually represent 3 trips to that site. The red triangle is where I thought the cellar hole might be but you can tell my guess was off by a couple hundred feet.

I would just be happy for an App that would tell me where "not" to hunt. I'm serious!!!!!
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Thiltzy View Post

I'm interested in an App to track my hunts for my own knowledge but do these make your data public? That would be a very bad idea.

Anybody know?

Quote Originally Posted by BKM View Post
    I'm interested in an App to track my hunts for my own knowledge but do these make your data public? That would be a very bad idea.

Anybody know?
    I installed it. It seems self contained to me too. It allows you to "share" hunts via emails. However after the first trial hunt, it asks for you to buy a monthly or yearly subscription. It's pretty cool, but I haven't bought any time.
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime