Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are your detecting goals for 2015?

Question What are your detecting goals for 2015?

The new detecting season is upon us. Do you have any metal detecting goals for 2015? Is there a certain type of coin or relic you'd like to discover? Do you want to find more silver this year? More coppers? More gold? Please share your goals for 2015.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Idk if I can be specific. I'm not picky. I do want more coppers and more silver. I would sure like a a gold coin. Jewelry is nice but I still think the coin would be better. To me, there's more history behind the coin. Maybe I can go a slightly different direction and my goals would be to hit more private properties and to fine tune what I'm looking for. I still need to know the VDI for a trime and a gold. I am sure my machine doesn't have any variation between the VDI for a silver whether it's a capped bust, seated, barber, or where designs diverged, a rosie vs a merc vs the previous list or washington vs SLQ vs previous list.... ect.

The only goal I set is to beat my previous years clad total by $10.00. Last year was $126. I'm kind of limited on my hunts, usually only a few hours at a time a couple days a week. The last couple of weeks my hunts have been fantastic....so I'm a happy camper for the rest of the year whatever else I find.
    Minelab Etrac, BH 202.
    2015 silvers 32
    2015, $71.80, 12 Merc's, 11 Rosies, 2 Walkers, 3 Washingtons, 4 war nickels, 2 buffs, 30 wheats....

I've got a few new spots to go to this year, so I'm looking forward to that. I would like to try water hunting this year.

A gold coin would be nice. But I think meeting, while metal detecting, a beautiful rich girlfriend who is as obsessive about metal detecting and never nags might be an easier goal. ;-)

My number 1 bucket list coin is a Two Cent Piece.
    a couple of Seated coins would be nice as well.
    And yes, MORE SILVER COINS in general
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Tony my goal is to get out more this year , the finds will happen .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Tony, I have but one goal for 2015. I hope to stay healthy enough to get out there hunting as much as I can, and I too believe that the finds will come. As you will see soon!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Tony my goal is to get out more this year , the finds will happen .
    Are you doing the Pequot hunts again this year?

Tony, yes another year is upon us. Here it is March 19th and I have yet to get out..... This is the year that I will be really concentrating on farm fields, looking for the coppers and early silver.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Good question tony,
    i enjoh the hunt itself, so I guess I hope to get permissions and then research the property then be able to go out and have me a good old fashion treasure hunt

Cool thread Tony.

I decided late last year to make this year the one of permissions. I live in the right area for it, and am already off to a good start with a foot in a good door.
    A nice CT copper would top my list. Colonial finds or silver after that. Being fairly new I'm not picky.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

For me my goal is 1. My first plate, CS or state issued civil war militia button (will take either or) and to have fun!

Mostly I just want to have a ton of fun detecting this year and meet new people, so far so good
    I <3 colonial relics!

oh for a reale i can actually see the date on.......that's what im after this year i think.

How many posts in will you put forth your goal, Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    oh for a reale i can actually see the date on.....
    ...Soon you can hit that small field where the cobb came out of last year. The one you told me keeps producing every time it gets plowed.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post

My goal for 2015 is pretty much the same as it is every year. I am a coin person for the most part, so I am always looking for a type of coin that I've never found before. There are still many on my bucket list:

Trime
    Fatty Indian Head
    Franklin Half
    Seated Half
    Silver Dollar
    Half Cent
    Flying Eagle Cent
    Three Cent Nickel
    Any Gold Coin
    Any Draped Bust Coin
    Twenty Cent Piece
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post

...Soon you can hit that small field where the Cobb came out of last year. The one you told me keeps producing every time it gets plowed.
    indeed mango , i have actually found a half reale in that field but it was wiped clean of any detail but as you said kris found that 1675 Cobb there so there must be more hiding among all the coppers .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    My goal for 2015 is pretty much the same as it is every year. I am a coin person for the most part, so I am always looking for a type of coin that I've never found before. There are still many on my bucket list:

Trime
    Fatty Indian Head
    Franklin Half
    Seated Half
    Silver Dollar
    Half Cent
    Flying Eagle Cent
    Three Cent Nickel
    Any Gold Coin
    Any Draped Bust Coin
    Twenty Cent Piece
    you have really got to get your butt down our way tony mate, im sure we can knock a few of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    you have really got to get your butt down our way tony mate, im sure we can knock a few of that list.
    Plans are in the works for the week of October 17-25, Lee.
    Lifetime totals:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Plans are in the works for the week of October 17-25, Lee.
    Forrealzies? The ground should still be ok but might be a little chilly. Maybe only the seated, half cent, and flowing hair are more specific to this area vs your neck of the woods. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of offers to get out with ya. Who knows, maybe I'll be part of it too.

As far as meeting goals. I know I will exceed last year, definitely. I never got a tally on the clad. I even used some; grab a few when I need a few stamps for bills.. and get the wtf happened to these coins from the clerk. I have already been told I have a lot of potential in the sites I have lined up so I am sure I will be posting more finds this year.