I had an Amazing day out digging today in the South Carolina lowcountry. My father and I met some folks who lost a gold ring while digging in January and they invited us to their property. Their property also had civil war activity being in the CS HQ area and adjacent to the winter camps of 1862 for some South Carolina infantry regiments. Some civil relics had been found on the property in the past so I was hoping for some goods! And while I didn'tfind the ring (area was so grown up) I was able to snag a bucket list find in the briars and canslaw! I got a decent 60s signal and dug down five inches and stuck my pinpointer in and was right on top of the signal. As I grabbed a handful of sandy soil I saw the shape of a button in my hands. I brushed the soil off and the palmetto of an SC state seal button saw the light of day for the first time since the 1860s! I was over the moon and the property owners thought it was really cool! My dad managed to get a harmonica reed, rivet, and a few other odds and ends. I also spent a few minutes at my colonial site nearby and dug 30 more pipe stems, and dad found a little brass ring. Overall a great day digging in the lowcountry!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  93.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  146.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  64.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  97.4 KB