Thread: Wireless headphones?

Candidate Member

Wireless headphones?

Does anyone make a wireless headphone system for detectors? It would be nice to not be "tied" to my detector when I want to put it down, but still be on phones and not speaker!

Unsure of what detector you are using but I own a White's VX3 and use the White's wireless headphones and love them. It is great not to be tied to the detector. The sound is awesome with no delay and they are comfortable blocking most outside noise.

As already stated it depends on the machine your swinging, I run wireless with the AT PRO without any issues.

I don't think a kit exists, but the devices do.

You can buy Bluetooth transmitters, and wireless Bluetooth headphones. Since most detectors use 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and the Bluetooth transmitters use 1/8" inch headphone plugs, you'll have to buy an adapter.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

I have seen a new machine that uses a specific kit. Theres a dongle and headphones, but only for that machine. The kit is $200. It's able to be done for around $50 with universal transmitter and heaphones for any machine. Guessing your machine didn't come with the technology already integrated where you just get a set of headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Bri View Post
    You can buy Bluetooth transmitters, and wireless Bluetooth headphones. Since most detectors use 1/4" stereo headphone jacks, and the Bluetooth transmitters use 1/8" inch headphone plugs, you'll have to buy an adapter.
    Wonder where this idea came from?

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Here is one I have seen advertised in the TH magazines. I do not know much about them and they come with a pretty high price tag IMHO.
    http://www.airheadzwireless.com/products.htm

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Bri View Post
    I don't think a kit exists, but the devices do.

I have read that bluetooth headphones have too much delay to work well.
    I have a set of TDK headphones (WR700 I think) that use a different technology and work good.
    ACE 250 ATpro GTI2500
    V3I
    CTX3030
    Surf PI Pro
    Gabby