Friday I got out later in the day. I tried to hit three spots, a bit of a let down. Where I found a a bunch of cellar holes should be, I found the closest one. Not sure if someone was there before because a big wagon wheel was up against a tree. Found axe head #6 for the year. Unfortunately the snow was still a little deep in various areas and while digging, the holes were filling with ground water. Had to go to another place. Went to a school where an older house used to be. The ground was frozen aftera few inches. Time to go to place #3. Annnddd.... it became a place I lost detecting at due to ownership change. The assessor site was not updated and still had old owner listed (uninhabited house).

Saturday I tried to hit the 1862 house I have permission at. There was a car there and barn garage open and a piece of gutter being worked on out back, buuutt.. no one answered the door. Went to the owners of a near by property with a cellar hole. And... no one home. Got someone to answer at a 1748 farm house but the answer was a no and after a while with the chit-chat and learning the wife going to high school with someone on my street I couldn't coax an answer why the husband said no to detecting to even a previous requestor. So I went to my 1800's permission. Talked a bit. Good to see some of the house is being redone but sucks it's not part of historic section so they can't get gov't help to restore. I would like to see it fixed up and last longer. The wind was just atrocious. For some reason I was getting falsing like crazy, but only in the normal modes. When I put it into all metal mode, I could put the coil down and not hear anything, but put it into discriminate mode and have it give random target readings without moving the coil. Those modes need the coil to move to get a target so something funky was going on. Targets were really hard to ID but I got a strange piece of copper. Wondering If anyone has seen something similar or knew what it was for. I can't imagine even in HVAC that two copper pipes need to travel in the same direction. The piece is maybe 8" long and the tube is less than 1/4" OD.

Name:  Pipe ends.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  47.4 KBName:  Pipe opposite.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  36.4 KBName:  Pipe top view.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  23.8 KB