Thread: I shall call it seahorse, and it shall be my seahorse....

Candidate Member

I shall call it seahorse, and it shall be my seahorse....

Cause I be danged if that's not what it looks like!

Found this on a stroll under the powerlines (undeveloped, folks ride horses and four wheelers thru there)

Name:  pic1.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  23.5 KBName:  pic2.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  22.6 KBName:  pic3.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  21.2 KBName:  pic4.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  25.2 KB

Well, I couldn't figure out how to flip the photo, so if you turn your head to the left, lol...

I took a pic of the end, because it's shiny.

Any guesses? LOL

Hmmm... looks like a blob of melted aluminum, possibly a beer or soda can that melted in a campfire.

Just a guess.

But yes, I do see the seahorse.
    Last edited by Tony Two-Cent; 03-31-2015 at 09:21 PM.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Candidate Member
    Hot peroxide did nothing, so I have it soaking in vinegar. Perhaps I'll know tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candidate Member
    Tony, I thought about that too, but it seems to heavy for a can. The vinegar didn't do anything either. Maybe time for some CLR?

A seahorse ?? You guys are blind. That clearly that is a rabbit
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

The fact the pic shows the metal as a bit grainy, then yeah it looks to me a bit like melted aluminum. We all find these at some point. I ventured to a place with only a standing chimney where a famous author once frequented. There were two small fire pits there. Boy tho, the aluminum foil annoyed the heck out of me. As well as by the river up here there was a shipping dock. I think I found the warehouse foundation and not much further from it was slag in the pathway. A fire right on the banks of the river. I even found me a bluetooth there which only needed to be recharged to work. Lol.
    I think the coloring on the label burns and mixes as an impurity to the aluminum causing it to be grainy when it melts

If it's heavy then is could be melted lead.
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Candidate Member
    A rabbit? LOL Yeah, I guess so, turned the other way. I knew it was probably nothing, I found a lot of "nothing" yesterday, I'll have to add some more pics to this thread. It just always makes me wonder....well what the heck is it then?

It's a whale, second pic from the top......
    boy, my happy pills are doing great today.
    I live my life one target at a time
    since '68

It could be type of melted copper from working on the powerlines overhead?
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Candidate Member
    could it possibly be a hammer off a musket or old pistol ?

"She seems mysterious, so I'll call her Mystery. Come to think of it, she also seems graceful and majestic."

Sorry, its the first thing I thought of...
    Name:  mystery.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  3.4 KB