Thread: My 62 clad coin spill is now 63,,,

Threaded View

My 62 clad coin spill is now 63,,,

Having hunted with the new MXT a little bit now, I decided it was time for a test. Would it indeed go deeper that the Ace 350. A year ago, on a friends property I found a 62 clad coin spill. I spent an hour that day working a patch of ground 3 ft. by 3 ft. until I had every signal out of there. Every time I go to his property I've gone back to see if any coins got missed. I reckon I've double checked that hole a half dozen times with 2 different machines, and no signals were found,,,,,,, until today. The MXT sniffed out another 1967 dime and a small brass clothing snap. Both were down 7-8 inches and gave weak but repeatable signals.

I was also able to check off another item on the beginners metal detecting "must find" list,,, a spoon. It was pretty clear that it was plated at one time and had a makers mark,,, "Brown & Bros.". I found two sources that state the following,,, so I felt pretty happy with my crappy old beat up spoon. At least it made 1800's. I may not be digging up Seated silver or colonial copper yet,,,, but I'm getting there.

Brown & Bros.
    Waterbury, CT 1851-1886 Brass, copper, and German
    silver manufacturer. Began making silver plated flatware
    in 1874. Went out of business in Jan., 1886.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1