Thread: Relics , old nickels and silver . Rings #39 - #41

Relics , old nickels and silver . Rings #39 - #41

I decided to look on Google Earth and find a school I had not hunted in a few years . The one I found I remember finding some wheats and two silver dimes years ago so I was hoping for some more . The very first target was a +87 at 3 inches , S.B . Anthony dollar . Then the relics started popping out , I found a old 12 Ga Majestic shell , two old buckles , a what's it and a cool old button . The button has on it " Oxford Shire & Buckingham Shire " any one have an idea of it's age ? It has no back left . The two old coins found were both nickels , no date Buffalo and a 1948 Jefferson . The Buffalo is my first one in 3 plus years ! As for the silver it's a nice big 925 sterling spinner ring . It came up as a +89 at one inch . The other rings are just junk . Total clad for 4 hours was $14.84 .
    HH
    Glen
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    Always looking for that next ring !!

Glen the button has an old style "rifleman's Horn" that are seen on older type Military one piece buttons , but they used this design or motif on later two piece (usually iron or steel back ) button types. Yours is most likely an early 1900 to 1920's sporting blazer button because of the rusty or rusted out (in your button case) back.

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Nice finds Glen. The spinner is a beauty. Lucky you. After 28 straight days of rain, it is just a little damp to be kneeling down to dig. The sun did come out today and is supposed to stick around a few days. We can only hope. Thanks for sharing.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00

Very nice variety of finds. Congrats on the buff, and
    the very nice ring
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Glen the button has an old style "rifleman's Horn" that are seen on older type Military one piece buttons , but they used this design or motif on later two piece (usually iron or steel back ) button types. Yours is most likely an early 1900 to 1920's sporting blazer button because of the rusty or rusted out (in your button case) back.

Dan
    Great ! Thanks for the info Dan !
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by mownomo View Post
    Nice finds Glen. The spinner is a beauty. Lucky you. After 28 straight days of rain, it is just a little damp to be kneeling down to dig. The sun did come out today and is supposed to stick around a few days. We can only hope. Thanks for sharing.
    You sure have had a lot of rain in Texas ! We need some of that wet stuff here in California BADLY !!!
    Glen