Thread: Awesome hunt today, blowhole button, possibly regimental(?)and lots of colonials

Threaded View

Awesome hunt today, blowhole button, possibly regimental(?)and lots of colonials

Today my dad and I set out to an 1870s schoolhouse across the river. The owner and his son are actually interested in detecting so we helped them out a bit. I got the nicest barber I've ever dug (1914 dime) and dad got a merc ( 1943) and a heartbreaker 10k gold filled ring. I then started finding Indians left and right and was able to put the owners son on a three iNdian spill! He was really happy, and I also gave him a bunch of wheaties that I had dug. They had to go so dad and I headed back to the colonial field, but before we checked out colored civil war cemetery that was very neat and sobering, it was neglected for years. But boy were we glad that we went back to where we found buttons and the half cent! We started finding buttons and pretty soon dad popped out an INCREDIBLE ring! It's a colonial wax deal ring with the intitials BSB!! You can see the file marks on the edges still! We kept getting more buttons when I pulled out another blowhole button! This one is a bit more beat but it has an edge design and the number 8 on the face!!! I need some help with an ID but I'm thinking its A regimental button. Maybe French and iNdian war? Dad got a chape from
    A shoe buckle and then I got an 1747 KG II hp. Got some more buttons, musketballs, and I got a clay pipe with a brass mouthpiece! One of the buttons is backmarked WCO Strong. We had a great time and hope to find more at the field later!
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"