Thread: 1889-O Morgan Dollar, Silver Ring, Indians and More

Threaded View

1889-O Morgan Dollar, Silver Ring, Indians and More

Friday after work, I hunted a house from the 1870s. I hunted a little over an hour and was able to dig a 1946 Rosie, a 1962 Dog tax Tag, and a very small Sterling Ring.

Saturday, it rained all morning, but around 1:00 it started clearing up. Alec and I were going to meet up with Zrickkid to try a couple of houses that he had his eye on. While we were waiting for him, I went up to an older home and got permission to hunt the front yard. We didn't get a lot of good signals there, but about 20 minutes in, I got a 01-41 only down about 4 inches. I cut the plug, and right along the edge I saw a huge silver disc. I honestly thought it was a top of a can or a jar lid. Then I saw the ridged edge. Could it be?? Yep, an 1889-O Morgan silver Dollar. My second one in two years. Wow. The bad news is that this time I scratched it. Made me sick when I saw it. I should have dug a larger plug, I probably would have missed it.
    But you know what, it's still a Morgan. I'm a happy camper.

When Ricky showed up, we went and got permission at an 1857 home with a large yard. I was first on the board with a 1947 Rosie. Alec followed with a nice skeleton key, a 1939 Merc and a 19?? Indian Head. We each dug 4 Wheats there.

We stopped one more time at an 1860s house. I dug a really nice 1890 Indian and then a toasted 1900 Indian.
    I think we'll be heading back tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Oldest Coin: 1699 William III Halfpenny

Silver 5
    Indian 3, Buff 1, V Nik 1, Rosie 2, Barber Dime, SLQ 1, barber qtr 1,

YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoU...FVGumMQ/videos