Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I'd Do For a Copper!

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    Now my pinpointer doesn't work!!! My detector still doesn't show signs of life
    Wow.. even the pinpointer. ...What is a guy to do? Even tho I havent submerged my vibraprobe.. makes me glad I went with it. At least now the new garrett and makro are coming as waterproof. I just know last Saturday when I was fighting the barberry bushes and briers, the battery died. I take a spare set (2 for detector and 1 for pinpointer) all the time. But OMG I didn't realize how much the sensitivity came back and how strong the notification vibration was after a battery change.

Rubbing alcohol might help if you are daring enough to take the control box appart. Or contact cleaner if you can get some. The stuff I use is Pow-R-wash. My guess is that board is attached to the display and can only be separated by de-soldering. That means the plastic parts attached might pose a problem for heating up past around 176F. Panels get baked at 220F for 4 hours to remove moisture before rework. Just the concept to elevate temperature, you can try to dry it out quickly. I think it needs to come apart, regardless, to dry out inside. You can't just leave the box closed while expecting for it to dry.

Nice copper Drew! Man, sorry to hear about the detector and phone. I also own kayaks and do some fishing as another side hobby. Been doing it for years, but still take a spill every now and then. My knees juts aren't what they used to be, and getting my 6'3" frame out can sometimes be tricky, especially if the landing spot is sloped. I'd advise getting the exercise and forego kayak+detector unless you're on the bank and just towing it. Awesome find though.

John
    Vermont relic hunting, one swing at a time.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG2...OLib30A/videos

UPDATE- EVERYTHING WORKS!!!! I'm back in business!! Detector turned on today...but alas it's raining.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    UPDATE- EVERYTHING WORKS!!!! I'm back in business!! Detector turned on today...but alas it's raining.
    sometimes electronics just take a long time to dry out , I had an ipod that went through the wash and it was done , i set it on my desk and it got lost for about 3 months . I found it again when I went to "tidy up" my desk and just before tossing it out i hit play and it did still works great to this day.

glad your detector and pinpointer is healthy again Drew!
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album