Thread: What I'd Do For a Copper!

Threaded View

What I'd Do For a Copper!

Near me are the remnants of an old bridge that was gone by 1860. I can see from my side of the river that there is an old colonial road heading up into the woods from where the bridge was. I always wanted to detect that old road and see if it led to a hole. Well, today the stars lined up!
    The property just became public and last week we bought a couple of kayaks. So I loaded up the boat and detector gear. I made it across without incident. I started detecting up the road then came to a place with a crab apple tree and a 200 yr old oak I hear iron everywhere!! Bam- rosette, saddle badge, then KG2!!...then some more period items. I spent an hour there. Now I head back down the colonial road to my waiting kayak. I put the boat in the water, load my gear, carefully sit in it. The next thing I knew I was in the water over my head The first thing I did was catch my glasses, then I remember thinking that the water wasn't that cold Somehow I didn't lose anything but MY PHONE DOESN'T WORK...AND NEITHER DOES MY DETECTOR!!
    Anyone have tips on wet phones and detectors??
    Also, can anyone see the date on that KG?
    1730, 1739? Thanks!
    PS those wheats and silver looking thing are from a park the other day.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 05-25-2015 at 04:57 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew