Thread: Calamity century with silver

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Calamity century with silver

Headed out early with the playing fields being quite wet. Much to my dismay I was trotting around with soakers in no time being followed by an entourage of blood sucking black flies. Put the dope to me but that old served to encourage the darn things. Little did I know that more "great" things were in store for me on this dig!
    Had set my sights on a century and wasn't going to let the bugs stop me. Men coming with ride on lawn mowers did! Moved on to another playing field (backtracked 25 kilometers)with the coins coming rapidly and my bad day even getting worse. As I bent down do dig a target somehow my lesche tool got between my wrist and watch.....snap!

Iron man watch.....not!
    Took a break and had a quick meal at a restaurant close by and as I left I upchucked the meal. Apparently steak and chips don't mix well with "Deep Woods Off." Lord love a duck.
    Undaunted I headed to yet another playing field ending up with a 1968 dime to round off my century plus 13 day.

Another $12.34 added to the "Back to the UK Fund."
    As for my sneakers....um!

Going to look awe full funny going a digging swinging my Freedom 3 Plus with Kermit the Frog green gum rubbers till I get a new pair of digging shoes.
    Day still did get a tad worse. Having depositing my sneakers I jumped in the shower a twisted my knee. My language mad myself plush! Then I had to use this!

Some safety razor! Sucked in my lower lip so I wouldn't bleed (on blood thinner pills)all over the place. Looked in the mirror and had a lower class functioning looking Neanderthal look back at me with a severe overbite.
    Well at least my swinging day is not over yet as Marie informed me I could swing some more......oh joy!

Oh well at least the hot dogs at the bingo are good!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Ha, Ha, Ha!!! You always make me smile. Better luck next time.
    Garrett AT Pro - Garrett Pro Pointer - 5x8 DD Coil - Understanding Wife

Oldest Coin:1930 Wheat Penny
    Jewelry:10K Man's Wedding Band, 10K Mother's Ring, Stainless Man's Wedding Band, Stainless Batman Ring
    2017 Clad $0.00