Thread: In the Treasure Corner - Which Woman?

In the Treasure Corner - Which Woman?

Soon, the face of a woman will adorn our ten-dollar bill. But which woman?

Mr. Jack Lew, Secretary of the Treasury, wants your help in choosing.

Sacajawea? Eleanor Roosevelt? Miley Cyrus?

There is no one woman who really stands out, but there are plenty of women who should be seriously considered.

This program explains which women, by law, cannot be chosen. And it looks at men who have been on currency for clues as to the women who might make the cut.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

I agree Dan. Mr. Lew will be hailed a hero and a villain no matter whom he chooses! Another enjoyable podcast! HH, Dave.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

I'm not sure why we have to have someone replace Mr. Hamilton , no doubt if he wasn't killed in a duel , he probably would of become a vice president or president later in life . I'm not opposed to seeing a strong or courageous woman on currency by any means just think Hamilton should stay.
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Yeah Hamilton was no stiff....he was one of the "founding fathers". But who can you bump with out causing a big stink? Maybe Grover Cleveland off of the $1000 ?? I'm not sure they even print those any more ??

Strong and courageous ??? How about Harriet Tubman.
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post
    Yeah Hamilton was no stiff....he was one of the "founding fathers". But who can you bump with out causing a big stink? Maybe Grover Cleveland off of the $1000 ?? I'm not sure they even print those any more ??

Well could always come up with another denomination , say a 25 dollar bill ? I like Harriet Tubman , thats not a bad choice Jeff .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Lodge Scent View Post

The $1000 bill is long gone. Many people were pushing for a woman on the $20 - they want to dump Jackson because he was a pretty rotten human being.

Tubman is the front-runner so far.

Tubman is a good choice Jeff...or how 'bout Lady Liberty...or Susan B Anthony? I think I read they are making some of the bills the old way Dan, with Hamilton staying on a small percentage of them.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    I think I read they are making some of the bills the old way Dan, with Hamilton staying on a small percentage of them.
    They haven't decided yet, except to say that EITHER Hamilton will appear on all the new bills, either on the back or tiny on the front, OR they will issue two different series, one remaining with Hamilton and the other with the woman-to-be-named-later.

the new miss katelyn jenner would be a fine one to put on the 3 dollar bill ,instead go ahead and put bruce on the 10.00.

I wish we still had Lady Liberty on our coinage and even our paper bills. That would be my vote every time!
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

I think it's about time they put a real woman on our worthless fiat currency. I just don't understand why they decided to replace Hamilton instead of that murdering genocidal maniac Jackson. When the Supreme court ruled in favor of the Iroquios Nation. Jackson said lets see them enforce it and removed them anyways forcing them to march halfway across the country and killing thousands of them.

I don't know why someone has to bumped off the currency. Why not just include more people (women ). They could have 20 different variations of the bills and it wouldn't bother me. Might cost more to produce and might be harder to detect counterfeits though, so that could be a factor.