Thread: Ca drought!!!

Ca drought!!!

The drought is hitting the lake hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

We're even feeling it in the northwest. It does make for some previously unattainable metal detecting though.
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

It just seems so odd, especially considering that we are experiencing record rainfalls and flooding here in Illinois. We had over 15 inches of rain in June. Farmers are losing their corn and soybean crops due to flooded fields.

I wish we could send some of this water to California!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    It just seems so odd, especially considering that we are experiencing record rainfalls and flooding here in Illinois. We had over 15 inches of rain in June. Farmers are losing their corn and soybean crops due to flooded fields.

I wish we could send some of this water to California!
    Wish you could send us as much water as you can. We had a pretty large fire, dubbed the Lake Fire, on the other side of a mountain from where I live. It got started on June 17 and it's still burning in places. It burnt 31,000+ acres. http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4302/
    Last edited by Rudy; 07-16-2015 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Thanks for the pictures! Trying to figure what part of the lake I am looking at? This is Tahoe, right?
    SeabeeRon on the beach in Santa Cruz,CA.

It's odd how both sides of the states are at extreme opposites.....as for the photos #1 is looking at Reagan Beach. Photo #2 is a view of Hidden Beach and beyond that, the Upper Truckee Marsh.

Just left the State 5 weeks ago, hope you guys get El Nino back this coming winter.

On the other hand, when the water retreats like that, perfect time to go hunting! (if it's allowed)
    Garrett AT Pro
    Garrett ACE 350

Best find to date: 1979 Susan B. Anthony silver dollar. (Poplar Beach, Half Moon Bay, California)