Thread: couple new cellars * a few coppers and a early diplomatic button

couple new cellars * a few coppers and a early diplomatic button

found a couple new cellar holes with my girl friend Lynne.she dug a buffalo nickel and a flat button.I got a few coppers.2 are toasted one is a decnt shaped KGII,a nice designed tombac,a couple musket balls,broken shoe buckle frames and a rough shape early one piece diplomatic button.
    OD-8 in alberts page 296 US official 1 piece eagle facing left 17 stars encircling blank reverse
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

It's been a while since you been on here even tho the finds still been coming as seen on NECD. I thought this was different than the last post but from the red background pic I see it's the same, however, my comment didn't stay on that post for some reason. That KG is in great shape. Hoping this year I can find one that isn't a bit toasty. Good the gf gets out with you. Mine actually said I just gotta choose a site that produces well.... but that still entails her needing to be at a site to see how it produces. She saw Dominique's vid last night with me and maybe it occurred to her that YouTube vids on the subject are cut away so it just seems like finds happen every few min which is not reality. She made a comment on "maybe parts are cut from the video". Lol. Any date on the buff?

That is a great copper! Congrats! Nice relics too.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    It's been a while since you been on here even tho the finds still been coming as seen on NECD. I thought this was different than the last post but from the red background pic I see it's the same, however, my comment didn't stay on that post for some reason. That KG is in great shape. Hoping this year I can find one that isn't a bit toasty. Good the gf gets out with you. Mine actually said I just gotta choose a site that produces well.... but that still entails her needing to be at a site to see how it produces. She saw Dominique's vid last night with me and maybe it occurred to her that YouTube vids on the subject are cut away so it just seems like finds happen every few min which is not reality. She made a comment on "maybe parts are cut from the video". Lol. Any date on the buff?
    weird your comment didnt stay on cellar dwellars? maybe you forgot to hit the enter button to make the post? 1937 is the buff
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    weird your comment didnt stay on cellar dwellars? maybe you forgot to hit the enter button to make the post?
    Lol. I don't forget things that trivial. It's happened before on FB for other posts. Could just have to do with the signal strength or possibly flukes with closed groups and somehow the software doesn't recognize credentials after losing signal and re-connecting to mobile network ... ehhh.. not important.

Nice Dave you drag her out there and make her dig modern coins.
    Dig Colonial or Go Home

Personal Website www.cttodd.com

The color on that KG is stunning Dave! Couldn't get a date? Interesting button too! Glad to see your friend is also into MDing
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Quote Originally Posted by CTTodd View Post
    Nice Dave you drag her out there and make her dig modern coins.
    Lol

Nice finds Dave, cool diplomatic button!!!! the copper is in great shape as well
    I <3 colonial relics!

what did you do trade Thiltzy in for a better looking partner ??? your gonna give the poor guy a complex you know congrats on the copper , its in very nice shape for being almost 270+ years old . very nice save n the diplomatic/patriotic button , great finds , how long were you detecting for ??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Great finds. That diplomatic button is awesome! Congrats
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

That is a NICE KG and a very cool button
    Oldest find: 5,000 year old copper spearhead
    Oldest coin: 1699 William III halfpenny
    Purdiest coin: 1832 Capped Bust quarter
    Coolest find: USA button with blue threads still on shank

"He who would search for pearls must dive below."

That is a lovely KG and those are fantastic buttons! Nice that your girlfriend is joining you on hunts but be careful one day she may skunk you, I know it has happened to me ...more than once

that at prompted CT Todd to state "Why did you bring that woman with you?"
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album

Nice variety of finds! Congrats on the diplomatic button, even if she's a little beat up.
    Slow digging is better than no digging.
    Whites V3i, MXT, Garrett Pro Pointer, Sampson 31" T-handle shovel.
    AD members detected with: del, OxShoeDrew, RobW, Massdirtfisher, Mango Ave, Lee, chrisinct, aloldstuff, HEAVYMETALNUT, Thiltzy

That diplomatic button is incredible! Great, hunt, I like the show buckle frame in parts too! HH!
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"