Thread: Silver, Indians, a V and a Trifecta!!

Threaded View

Silver, Indians, a V and a Trifecta!!

These finds cover the last 10 days or so. Two weekends ago my son and I got a field permission that had a home from the 1870's to the 1960's. The farmer is very late here with planting but that is good news for us. This place was loaded with coins. We found 34 of them....BUT they were mostly memorials. We did manage 3 wheats and a 1907 indian. Also found 4 marbles.

In the middle of last week I went to a school site that has been producing for me lately and the first hole by my car had a 1942 Washington...2 hours later I got a Canadian 50% silver and then the bugs drove me off.

Name:  2silvers indian.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  87.6 KB
    Name:  marbles.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  59.0 KB

Last Friday it was a beautiful day here and I took an extra long lunch. I went into an old town 5 minutes from my work and noticed that the owner of one of the homes I have been knocking on for about a year was mowing his yard. So I asked him if I could hunt it and before I was even finished asking he stopped me and said "Go ahead!". So I shut up and started swinging. I found the 1900 indian right away. then I got the other two Indians in the same hole. An hour later I found the V nik. I was surprised that I did not find a silver but I was very satisfied with those coins.

Name:  D House.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  65.9 KB

Then this Sunday afternoon I went door knocking again. The first couple homes no one was home and then I got a no. So I drove to the neighborhood where I was at on Friday and got another home with no one home. Ugh! Then I saw an elderly lady picking her flowers and chatted with her for a moment and then got permission to check out her yard. Her house was built in 1928 but all of the neighbors are 1800's. Well after 5 minutes I got a deep 12-43ish signal and out popped a surprise...a BEAUTIFUL 1843 Large Cent. I have only rinsed it with water to remove the dirt. Its got a wonderful patina with great details! 30 minutes later I found a 1944 merc and then I found my first wheat of the day. After I finished up her yard I went to the spot where I got the LC and tried it from a different angle and I got a one way signal that was deep and hitting 12-35ish. What finally came out of the ground was one of my best Indians...an 1865 indian with a full liberty! Now the liberty is not crisp BUT every letter can be clearly seen. So this yard gave me an unexpected penny trifecta that totally made my day!

Name:  1865.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  96.9 KB
    Name:  All.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  74.3 KB
    Name:  back.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  130.5 KB
    Name:  Tri.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  60.3 KB

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Bucknut; 06-30-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Detectors I use: Minelab Equinox 900 & Manticore
    Favorite finds I have made:
    1,000+ silver coins
    92pcs of 1700's Trade Era Silver
    Copper Culture Indian Artifacts
    125+ War of 1812 Era buttons and relics
    My wife
    (probably should have started with that one)