Thread: Another day out in France... Beyond expectations !!

Hybrid View

Outstanding finds!

I gather you are hunting in the South of France. Are you by chance in the Alpes Maritimes département.

I was in Nice two months ago and hating the fact that I had no detector. Stayed at the Le Meridien, on the Promenade des Anglais.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

Thanks guys !

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    Those are AMAZING finds!! Thank you for sharing them with us. Also, will you get to see any stages of the tour? (or should I say le tour?) Best wishes and HH, Dave.
    Nope. I won't get to see the Tour this year. I remember a few years ago, they did have a stage in my hometown but I wasn't there at the time. Missed it by a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Outstanding finds!

I gather you are hunting in the South of France. Are you by chance in the Alpes Maritimes département.

I was in Nice two months ago and hating the fact that I had no detector. Stayed at the Le Meridien, on the Promenade des Anglais.
    Thanks Rudy ! You were definitely staying at a very nice hotel in a nice place. I am in the South indeed but closer to the South West, not the South East.

I actually found this silver obole from Massilia/Massalia (Marseille) about 220 miles from the actual city of Marseille.
    Follow my Facebook Page : A Metal Detecting World

Quote Originally Posted by Taltahull View Post
    Thanks Rudy ! You were definitely staying at a very nice hotel in a nice place. I am in the South indeed but closer to the South West, not the South East.

I actually found this silver obole from Massilia/Massalia (Marseille) about 220 miles from the actual city of Marseille.
    Thanks Taltahull,

Are you then perhaps in the Languedoc region? Would love to detect in that area and perhaps find a few relics (treasure) from the Knight Templars.
    If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.