Thread: Living the dream in New York

Threaded View

Living the dream in New York

I'm in a little town northwest of Albany NY this week working with one of our customers. I wrapped up my project around lunch today so I went out for a hunt. I have to say that detectorists in New York have it made! All week long I have driven through neighborhoods filled with awesome early 1900s and late 1800s homes, daydreaming about the fantastic stuff that must be hiding in their yards. Anyway, I found an old high school that is now used as a public works building built in 1938. Really neat old building with a park out front. I didn't expect much because I assumed that the park would have been landscaped but I managed to pull a 1940 nickel and a 1943 P war nickel. My first.

After that I talked to the grounds keeper and he told me of another park across the river that was the grounds of an older school. I headed over there and it was a CladFest! I dug about $4.00 in clad in under an hour! In short order I had to start passing up pennies to look for silver which I found in the form of a ring which is 3 rings interconnected. I'm sure the wife will like it.
    I am so envious of New Yorkers now. In less than three hours I found $4.50 in clad, a war nickel and a 1940 nickel, a silver ring and Inspector Gadget! I have to work pretty hard in Kentucky to bring home a haul like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Whites VX3 with Sunray Probe, 10x12 SEF, 8x6 SEF, 10dd, 6x10Eclipse, 4x6 Eclipse, Lesche digger and Garrett Pro Pointer.