Decided to change it up this week.

Last fall while detecting I picked up a ton of signals at the base of a small hill. First thing I dug was a gear plate for some sort of clock, and some broken dinnerware. Dump site. Curiosity was still killing me, especially since I know the family did well, so I packed up and headed back to that spot yesterday.

Spent a few hours at it, going slow. Got into glass right away with a small bottle, then a lot of broken glass, dinnerware, etc. I managed a few keepers though. I only dug an area maybe 4'x4' and 2 1/2ft deep. There's still a whole lotta hill to dig. From the finds, it looks like they did OK for themselves. A lot of what I dug was @ 100 years old. There was also a smattering of poison ivy in the area, so I had to step carefully the whole day.

Neat little pet project I can hit whenever. Hopefully there's something nice buried here.
Name:  Lawler1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  90.2 KB

Thomas Lawler, Hartford CT (complete bottle). Not sure what it was used for. Dates around 1915.
Name:  Lawler2.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  Bottle1.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  68.9 KB

J.F Howard salad dressing bottle. Dates in the 1920's
Name:  JFHoward.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:  Carter1.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  59.0 KB

Ma & Pa Carter's Inx. A pair of ink wells made in Germany and imported to the US. Dates around 1915.
Name:  Carter2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  38.0 KB

Name:  Inx.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  67.3 KB

A grouping of the same type of bottle. No idea.
Name:  SameBottles.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  91.9 KB

Name:  SmallBrown.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  46.2 KB

Name:  China.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  Mystery1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  59.9 KB