Thread: Still trying!

Veteran Member

Still trying!

Im still not finding any silvers or coppers yet besides my lone Mercury dime about two months ago. I think it was just luck as it was only at about a depth of 3-4. I sill enjoy my time out though with my digging buddy, my chow-shepard mix dog Sasha . I'll just keep plugging away. I probably should have bought a less complicated machine than the V3i for my first detector but im still happy with my choice. I dont have a pinpointer and can any one recommend one that might be good for me. Its kind of tiring to keep getting up to re-pinpoint my find when I dig and dont find the target right away. I've found about $50.00 in clad so far. no rings or such but a lot of interesting items none the less. I did find one really old boy scout slide and a few hotwheels cars among other things. I like reading your posts and will continue to do so. BTW anyone selling any GW inagural buttons in any condition, as im interested in having one to add to my George Washington shrine. Im a huge history buff and that is one of the reasons I got into metal detecting. Thanks for your replies in advance. I love this hobby as I know anyone can find a treasure at any time. I'll wait patiently for mine!

Re: Still trying!

hey Zrickkid have you tried Yazoo's or Jacks's programs for that machine i hear they are both great ones to use. other than that stay away from parks that Angel has gotten to lol lol seriously though you have to find areas that give you the best chances at what your looking for . Gw buttons are hard to come by as it took me a few years to find one but like i said go to places to give you the best odds of getting one . the group i've detected with has gotten 5 GW's in the last 7or 8 years now not a bad ratio. mine is very special and i don't think i'd ever part with it .

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Hey Zrickkid, Location, location, location lol as the Realtors would say. A quick way to increase your silver count is to find private houses to hunt. Getting permission isn't always easy, but houses remain as one of the best untouched places to still hit. Word of mouth is a good way in. As far as the GW's are concerned, they are rare, and at least for me, really rare in good condition rofl I've got 4 of them and only one is almost normal lol A good GW on E bay may run you 800 bucks or so (for a common variety). Even though mine are toast, I would never part with any of them and really do enjoy finding them. I just wish I could stare at one that was sweet! Here's my 4.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Quote Originally Posted by zrickkid View Post
    I dont have a pinpointer and can any one recommend one that might be good for me. Its kind of tiring to keep getting up to re-pinpoint my find when I dig and dont find the target right away.
    I recommend slapping a DX-1 SunRay on that nice machine.

Here's some info: http://www.americandetectorist.com/f...hp?topic=791.0

I've traveled a long way, and many of the roads weren't paved.

I would recommend the Garretts pro pin pointer at about 125 bucks. No cables or switches to leave on. I have had both and now use the Garretts. Read all you can on them and make a choice that way ,getting all of what you want in a pin pointer.They all can have there ups or downs. Good Luck Yazoo

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

yo Z

From the land of the Bluenose...dig and they will come. Used to take Tess out with me on digs but my parents border collie can now barely walk....miss her company!
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

i use the sunray dx-1 on my v-3i and i wouldnt get anything different it is sweet

sarge
    Be Safe And Happy Hunting All

Sarge

Maybe find someone who has the same machine, hook up a headphone splitter and listen/learn and watch. An hour like that will save you hundreds in the fiel d!
    And now the metal detectorist pledge.
    "I pledge to do my honor, to do my best AND seriously investigate ALL deep signals!"

Minelab SE (Is there really any other manufacturer?) 2011 totals = 24 silver coins, 3 LC,1 war of 1812 artillary button , 1 token, 6 IH pennies, 1 2 cent piece

Yep..keep pluggin' away and remember location, location, location
    I haven't found a copper yet either. I have a couple of friends who have. But our days are comin'!!
    Keep huntin' it's out there !!

I love my Garrett Pro Pointers thumbsup01
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime