July was a tough month for me. The finds were scarce and productive cellars holes are getting very tough to come by. The calendar finally changed to August and I was hoping it would bring some better luck for me. So far, it has. I headed up to Northern RI on Friday to explore a very remote site I had found a few weeks earlier using satellite. On the way there I noticed some stone rocks piles and decided to investigate follow them for a little bit. Good decision for me as I stumbled upon a cellar hole I never knew was there. No sign of obvious dug holes or surface iron. I was pretty excited to detect it. I marked the location on my phone and then went on to find the other site which also looked promising. On Saturday morning I headed to the cellar I had stumbled upon the day before. I saw what looked like old dig holes but they must have done a lousy job as I found two buttons right off the bat on the lip of the cellar hole. Ended up with 7 buttons on the day. The best find however was the biggest crotal bell I've found yet. It is marked "3" and has the initials "NS" on the bottom This refers to the maker Seth J. North who lived from 1779-1851 and made bells from around 1800-1840. This bell according to what I read is from the early 1800's. Still jingles like the day it was lost. Right after I found the bell it started to thunder and a quick check of the radar revealed a storm was approaching. I didn't want to leave but I decided to play it safe and come back the next day. Today (Sunday) I returned to the cellar with high expectations of pulling at least one copper. Well I exceeded my expectations as I got two! Dug a great looking 1787 CT Copper and a really nice 1818 Matron head. That makes coppers #13 and #14 for the year. I don't know how somebody missed the matron head as it was only one inch down and was a screaming signal. I honestly expected it to be something modern and was very surprised to see a thick copper disk. Also dug a weird brass tube thing. I decided to give the other cellar hole a try so I hiked over to it and starting detecting. Only was there about 20 minutes when I started to feel fatigued and decided it was time to call it a day. In that time I dug an umbrella slider and a really tiny copper nickel disk that I originally thought was a counterfeit gold dollar piece but now I don't what it is. It could just be a small button with no sign of the shank. Further analysis is needed. Overall I like the way August is going for me and look forward to hitting those sites even more. GLName:  IMG_0907.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  78.5 KBName:  IMG_0904.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  144.3 KBName:  IMG_0903.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  140.3 KBName:  IMG_0908.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  37.1 KBName:  IMG_0895.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  53.0 KB and HH!