Thread: Last hunt before college yields some civil war buttons, jewelry, and more!

Threaded View

Last hunt before college yields some civil war buttons, jewelry, and more!

Hello everyone! Sorry I've been a bit distant lately, I moved into Juniata college as a freshman last week and have been busy with work since, but right before I had a great hunt at my early Victorian seminary, and later state orphange for kids who had lost their parents in the war that opened at the height of the war. I've been privileged to pull many great civil war buttons and other relics from here in the past, and this time did not disappoint! First I started getting into the buttons, but soon thereafter, right next to the building an iNdian head penny popped out. Before flying Eagles and a fatty had come out of here, but I knew this was a later indian. Got some more buttons, a cross pendant ( found a very similar example only with a navy anchor but Identical to the construction that dates from the 1850s, which fits in with the seminary. Also got a small gilted ring, and eyeballed a porcelain button. I only had two hours but had a blast! i went home and cleaned up the iNdian to reveal a beautiful, minty 1865. Pics do it no justice! I found enough buttons on this trip to make a grand total of 50 from this site so far. I love finding awesome Histiry like this! HH everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Detectors: dual wield at-pros, t2
    oldest copper- 1717 KG I
    oldest US silver- 1832 capped bust dime
    "Swords into plowshares"