Thread: Gone full circle

Gone full circle

After years of trading, selling, and buying, I have finally come full circle with detectors. I have had a lot of different machines some top end and some mid range machines. One of my favorite machines was the Whites Prizm 6T. There was something about the machine that just matched my type of hunting. My first detector was a Whites machine and I always seem to come back to them when I stray away in search of a better deeper machine. In my ground coins just don't seem to get that deep because we have a hard clay base after a few inches. Most of my best finds have come from the 4-6 inch range and very few from deeper even though I have owned and been proficient with several of the deepest machines out there. I did find one silver quarter in a pounded park in a nearby town at about 10 inches with the Deus but that was the exception to the rule. When Whites came out with the TreasurePro it reminded me of the 6T in a better design and a with a great display. I need a lightweight detector because due to RA, I am unable to swing a heavy detector for very long and the TPro looked like it would fit the bill even though it had the D2 coil. After using the detector on a few hunts and being impressed with it, I decided to invest in a NEL Sharpshooter coil and what a difference it made. With this coil the detector is as light as a feather and I only gave up about an inch in maximum depth if that. I decided to get away from the MX5 because it seemed really finicky and proned to EMI. I talked to my dealer and worked out a trade for a second TPro and so I am going full time with the cheaper detector with good performance vs having $1000 invested in a single machine in hopes of happening on a really deep coin every two or three years. I am really impressed with the TPro and plan to get the NEL Hunter coil in the future. The Hunter was my go to coil on the 6T and I am hoping I will get the same performance boost with the TPro.
    Whites TreasurePro, Oldest US Coin 1876 Seated Dime, Oldest Foreign Coin 1700's Chinese Cash Coin
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Good to hear you found a good combination of machine and coil that works best for you. I have heard of the NEL coils being the best aftermarket ones out there for several different machines. I have the Hunter and the Attack 3 frequency on order for my X-Terra which should arrive in a couple weeks. Can't wait to bolt them up and give them a go! The former soviet countries are known for their technology hacking and improving on things, so it's no surprise that NEL coils come out of Kharkov Ukraine. If I had been into detecting a couple years ago, I could have stopped in and bought one direct when I was in Kharkov.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

I just got the Tpro, too. The sensitivity causing erratic VDI seems to be my issue from getting this thing down. But I haven't put many hours on it yet. Maybe 20 hrs cuz I went through one set of batteries. You know, I was questioning the fact the stock DD is round vs the NEL being butterfly style DD comparing how well it separates. Was the NEL that you bought for the coinmaster or coinmaster GT? The Treasure series replaced the coinmaster series. I wanted the backlight feature and the extra features of the Tpro so I couldn't see getting the Tmaster and buying a sharpshooter or tornado coil for it. The thought crossed my mind to buy a 5" DD, but I think I have enough already by using the 4" CC on the Tranger. I'd say tho the White's Tpro was a good choice. I just gotta learn to know ahead of time which machine will be best. It's hard to know that a cellar a mile in has been hit and would benefit from the 4" coil or if it is not pounded and I need the sharpshooter for better area coverage.. or if it has some stuff hiding where I need the recovery time of the Tpro vs the Tranger, or if the benefit of treasure vision on the GTI would benefit me from a site being infested with cans.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoAve View Post
    I just got the Tpro, too. The sensitivity causing erratic VDI seems to be my issue from getting this thing down. But I haven't put many hours on it yet. Maybe 20 hrs cuz I went through one set of batteries. You know, I was questioning the fact the stock DD is round vs the NEL being butterfly style DD comparing how well it separates. Was the NEL that you bought for the coinmaster or coinmaster GT? The Treasure series replaced the coinmaster series. I wanted the backlight feature and the extra features of the Tpro so I couldn't see getting the Tmaster and buying a sharpshooter or tornado coil for it. The thought crossed my mind to buy a 5" DD, but I think I have enough already by using the 4" CC on the Tranger. I'd say tho the White's Tpro was a good choice. I just gotta learn to know ahead of time which machine will be best. It's hard to know that a cellar a mile in has been hit and would benefit from the 4" coil or if it is not pounded and I need the sharpshooter for better area coverage.. or if it has some stuff hiding where I need the recovery time of the Tpro vs the Tranger, or if the benefit of treasure vision on the GTI would benefit me from a site being infested with cans.
    I have found the TPro to be a lot more stable than the MX5 was. I think that if you are searching trash infested areas then the Sharpshooter coil would definitely help you. I have had good luck with the NEL coils beginning with my 6T and now to my TPro. They are the same coils as for the Coinmaster/Prizm series. It takes practice any time that you start with a new machine and I am sure you will like the TPro once you get it setup the way you want it. I personally disc out iron and use the Coin and Jewelry mode. Good Luck with whatever you choose.
    Whites TreasurePro, Oldest US Coin 1876 Seated Dime, Oldest Foreign Coin 1700's Chinese Cash Coin
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Quote Originally Posted by pescadore View Post
    I have found the TPro to be a lot more stable than the MX5 was. I think that if you are searching trash infested areas then the Sharpshooter coil would definitely help you. I have had good luck with the NEL coils beginning with my 6T and now to my TPro. They are the same coils as for the Coinmaster/Prizm series. It takes practice any time that you start with a new machine and I am sure you will like the TPro once you get it setup the way you want it. I personally disc out iron and use the Coin and Jewelry mode. Good Luck with whatever you choose.
    Yeah.. I think I like the 4 tone mode better than the 8 tone. Just cuz when it falses off junk targets it sounds kinda funky as it runs through each tone quickly. There aren't many options on the Tpro to even bother changing. Same with my first machine. I only bothered with the sensitivity depending on how trashy an area was. The first machine I leave in the default program (Null Iron) and same with the Tpro leaving it in coin & jewelry. The thing I do like better is that you can still hear the iron, sometimes as a quick blip and sometimes as a tone with no VDI, that it helps determine the active areas in places like cellar hole areas. The first machine nulls it out and every once in a while when it gets the wraparound issue giving a huge 254 VDI is when I can tell iron. I'd have to put it into all metal mode in a certain way to hear everything...but then change it back once I get to iron infested areas to only hear the good targets. I'm gonna stick with both machines lol. Neither one a primary. Both are just as light. Both have their strengths. But I know what you mean. Except I have never used the MX5, so its good to know a $380 machine is more stable than a $600 machine.