Hi all,
Back at the old elementary school today and things started out a bit slow. I had moved on to the next section and was finding little other than trash and a couple clad. But under a tree I got a nice solid dime signal showing a couple inches down. It was a tough dig due to the roots, but suddenly out popped gold! My heart started to speed up entil I cleaned the dirt out of the inside and I saw flakes. Turns out it's 18K plated. Dag nab it-suckered again!

Not long after I picked up a cheap heart pendant with "Daughter" engraved on it and an aluminum tag with a partial name hand engraved. At the corner by the sidewalk I got a copper type signal reading just under a typical penny. I didn't think it would be possible to find an indian in that area, so dug to find a .32 auto case. This was quite a surprise! What is a fired pistol round doing in a metro area on school grounds? OK, maybe better not to ask...

Just before my time for the morning was up I turned the corner to head back towards the car and suddenly I got a signal bouncing between 44 and 46 On the X-Terra this is usually can slaw, which I had already dug some in that area. But, I dig pretty much everything on this site and at around 4 inches down I saw something large and shiny. Yep, another rim of a can. But I grabbed the edge to pull it out of the dirt I was blown away to realize it was solid-my first ever silver half dollar! I just knew there had to be silver at this site with all the pennies I had dug from the silver era, just didn't expect it to be all in one coin!
Yep, I was doing the happy dance!

Name:  20150925_180907.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  20150925_180933.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  69.7 KBName:  20150925_180945.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  66.3 KB