Thread: Hello from the lowcountry of SC

Talking Hello from the lowcountry of SC

Hi!

Been metal detecting since June of this year, had an ace 250 then upgraded to an AT pro. Love my machine, found 15 silvers so far. Also found a large cent, buffalo nickel, and just recently I found a King George III coin.

Ryan

Welcome to the forum, Ryan! We're glad you joined us!

It sounds like you are off to a great start with your detecting! You have done exceptionally well in a short amount of time. Congrats on all of your finds, especially the King George III Copper!

We are looking forward to your participation on the forum!
    Lifetime totals:
    10 Large Cents, 415 Indian Heads, 2 Two Cent Pieces, 1 Capped Bust Half Dime, 1 Seated Half Dime, 10 Shield Nickels, 68 V Nickels, 124 Buffalo Nickels, 31 War Nickels, 16 Seated Dimes, 131 Barber Dimes, 405 Mercury Dimes, 249 Rosies, 4 Seated Quarters, 18 Barber Quarters, 20 Standing Liberty Quarters, 89 Silver Washingtons, 1 Seated Half, 3 Barber Halves, 16 Walking Liberty Halves

YouTube Channel: Tony Two-Cent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmz...RlHTBIU42bUORg

Well Hello Ryan , welcome to American Detectorist , you sound like your doing great being so new in the hobby congrats on your success so far. Out of what you've found so far which is your favorite thus far?? Glad you found us here and joined up sir !

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Two-Cent View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Ryan! We're glad you joined us!

It sounds like you are off to a great start with your detecting! You have done exceptionally well in a short amount of time. Congrats on all of your finds, especially the King George III Copper!

We are looking forward to your participation on the forum!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Well Hello Ryan , welcome to American Detectorist , you sound like your doing great being so new in the hobby congrats on your success so far. Out of what you've found so far which is your favorite thus far?? Glad you found us here and joined up sir !

Dan
    My favorite find is the large cent.. its in awful shape but how I found it is more interesting. I found it at a 1910 school, got out it out of the hole and figured it was some token.. I used some water to clean it and I saw "ONE CENT" on the back and jumped for joy..

Quote Originally Posted by relichunterryan View Post
    My favorite find is the large cent.. its in awful shape but how I found it is more interesting. I found it at a 1910 school, got out it out of the hole and figured it was some token.. I used some water to clean it and I saw "ONE CENT" on the back and jumped for joy..
    something about seeing a large copper is very exciting , i agree

hope you find a few more very soon Ryan .
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Welcome to the forum Congrats on your finds and the low country is a very historical place. GL and HH!
    I <3 colonial relics!

Candidate Member
    Welcome from West Virginia! My brother lives in SC and I really want to get down there to do some digging! Nice selection of finds!
    Equipment: ​Whites XLT

Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin! I have to agree with Del, you have done exceptionally well in so little time. I call it beginner's luck, which I had myself early this year when I bought my machine. Can't wait to see pics and stories of some of those finds!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Welcome from western MA. Great start to your detecting. How do you like that AT Pro and how do you pick your detecting spots?
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

Quote Originally Posted by aloldstuff View Post
    Welcome from western MA. Great start to your detecting. How do you like that AT Pro and how do you pick your detecting spots?
    Thanks! I love my AT Pro. It's an amazing machine for less than 1000 bucks. The last few spots I've been to actually have little or no research done. I just rolled up to a school that I had no idea when it was built and pulled maybe 10 silvers and the IHP and buffalo nickel from. Turns out it would be built in 1939.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coins found so far: (DETECTING SINCE JULY 2015)
    Silver - 1 SLQ, 6 Washingtons, 11 Mercs, 8 Rosies, 1 Barber Dime, 7 War Nickels
    Others - 6 buffalo nickels, 1 large cent, 1 colonial copper, 5 IHP, and too many wheats.

DETECTORS USED
    Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, and Pro-Pointer AT

Greetings from the Greenville area Ryan!! Where abouts are you located in the Low Country,,, maybe we could meet for a dig sometime in the future.
    Primary machine= Teknetics T2

2016 Totals
    Oldest Coin= 1920 Wheat Cent
    Silver Coins= 0
    Rings= 1

Welcome from Washington state. You've got a great scorecard so far!
    Land of Two Seasons - Snow and Fire Danger.

Quote Originally Posted by GA1dad View Post
    Greetings from the Greenville area Ryan!! Where abouts are you located in the Low Country,,, maybe we could meet for a dig sometime in the future.
    Summerville. I'd like to go digging with somebody else but as of now I have no where to go. Waiting to get the go for a couple of places.
    Coins found so far: (DETECTING SINCE JULY 2015)
    Silver - 1 SLQ, 6 Washingtons, 11 Mercs, 8 Rosies, 1 Barber Dime, 7 War Nickels
    Others - 6 buffalo nickels, 1 large cent, 1 colonial copper, 5 IHP, and too many wheats.

DETECTORS USED
    Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, and Pro-Pointer AT

Looks like you're rolling right off the bat! Keep it up! Welcome to the group and continued success!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Global Moderator Fire Fighter 43's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin, it is good to have you with us.

Minelab Equinox 800, 15”Coiltek, 11” & 6”coils

XP Deus II , 11", 9” & 11x13 coils

Detectors since 1977: Simplex, DEUS, CTX 3030, F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI, 6DB, AlaskanTR4B, Beachcomber