Old Silver From The Field!

My friend Bill sent me some pictures of his finds from the last two days from a new site…some pictures….well let’s say they knocked my eye out, the fantastic finds he had made. He then invited us to join him the next day in hunting this field with him, what a generous offer from a great guy.

We got out to the field early and the temperature was cool and the wind was quite brisk but the field looked inviting. We started out working the corn rows and it was not long I got a squeaky 12-34 right along some corn stalks, a very nice 1903 Indian Head was the result.

A few minutes later again near a row I heard the CTX give a good tone and I could spy an Indian on top of the ground.

I heard Diane call my name she was kneeling in front of a hole and I could see her twirl her finger then hold up ten fingers and then slap her bottom! I knew she had just dug a seated dime and had given me all the right signals to relay the information from across the field! I could see by her smile she was happy! Why not it was an 1859-O Seated Dime!

Bill had found two Indians including one on top of the ground when Diane came over to me with an 1882 Indian she had just dug. After about another hour of digging enough 25 caliber rim fire casings to last me for a good while I got another good signal that turned out to be a decent semi-key date Indian Head.

Turning around and following back another row I got a good 12-34 and I could see the edge of a coin protruding from the clump I dug, I decided I would put it in my pouch and unveil it when we got back to the truck.

I thought that would be a fun way to end the day…but I did not realize the fun was just starting, amidst a corn row I got a very bouncy signal 12-33 jumping to 12-42 and an occasional flash of a higher conductive number…but ahh the sound the CTX was singing in my ear was much better than those numbers. I could hear some iron and that sweet tone too and I had hopes. Now we have all been there a promising signal and a target that does not live up to that sound. But we dig with hope and anticipation. The target was shallow and when I uncovered it my heart did a jump, I kneeled down to take a closer look and did I seem happy…you betcha!!

And this is why I had that goofy look upon my face, I was speechless and for those that know me they would be amused by that!

I really love the lettered edge that say Fifty Cents or Half Dollar.

Here are some more pictures of our finds.

The Indian Heads, Diane’s 1882, Tony’s 1903-1890-1889-1868

Diane’s two Suspender buckles, small ring (I got the matching men’s ring!) and overall button.

Some of my bits and pieces, very old knife handle, men’s ring, two flat buttons, overall button and some whatsit’s

Some of our “Choice Junk” we had a lot more of junky junk so as you can see we dug a lot of targets!

https://youtu.be/F8U7jqjHrL8