Thread: CURSED! Nightmare hunt sums up last month+

CURSED! Nightmare hunt sums up last month+

When you hike 10+ miles and detect from 7:30 AM-4:00Pm you would assume it's because you're having an amazing day. That was not the case for me. The day started off promising as Jarrod and I headed over to CT to hunt woods near his relatives houses that looked to have multiple cellar holes in them. Well, it turns out they had NONE. We hiked everywhere finding double lined walls, bunch of walls in concentrated areas but no cellar holes. We swung for iron too and didn't get any. Jarrod had to take off around 11 but I still had all day free so I decided to head to a town where I've done really well. I wanted to find a site that I went out looking for in early September but stepped on a yellowjacket nest and my day was a disaster from there. This time, with the weather much cooler, and a different season, I did not have to worry about bees. On the way in I stumbled upon a cellar hole on the side of a path that I had no idea was there. Within 3 minutes I got a button but that was all I got. Place was pounded and wasn't occupied for a long time. I then headed to the where I was originally going. I found lots of walls, a gate that looked like the entrance to the homesite, and a rock lined well but no cellar and very little iron. I just don't understand why all of that would be built but no homesite. Today was a disaster of a hunt. 10 miles walked and only one find is unacceptable. Good news is that tomorrow I'm hitting a private cellar hole my dad got me permisson for so hopefully my curse will be lifted. Happy hunting everyone.
    Last edited by RIdirtdigger; 10-17-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

Tomorrow is your day! I can feel it!
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

How bad can you be cursed? You have found a gold coin with your detector.
    Last edited by Full Metal Digger; 10-17-2015 at 09:58 PM.
    Oldest Coin: 100-60 BC Gallic bronze coin (Sequani Tribe)
    Oldest Silver Coin: 1156 hammered Pfennig from (now) Bavaria
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1805 Draped Bust Large Cent
    Best Coins EVER: 1625 4 Sols from Kingdom of Chateau Renaud, France
    1662 15 Kreuzers, Leopold I, Austria
    Best Relics: Bronze Age Arrowheads & Spearhead, 2c Roman silver ring, complete medieval knight's spur (x6)
    YouTube Channel: Full Metal Digger

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDigger View Post
    How bad can you be cursed? You have found a gold coin with you detector.
    I think the curse is quite new, placed on me within the past few months. Well hopefully I only have to live with it until I put the coil down at the cellar hole tomorrow morning
    Oldest coin(s): 1600's Spanish copper maravedis Oldest American Coin: 1797 Large Cent. Oldest silver: 178? Spanish 1/2 Reale
    Best Relic(s): Pre Civil War US Revenue Service Button, GW Button, Best Find(s): 1790 King George III Gold Guinea/ "Long Live the King" Button

me and todd had a day like that yesterday.same scenario,same amount of miles hiked.sad but true!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

There had to have been something nearby the stone walls. They may have just been far fields that were owned but never used for anything. The home site could still be a nearby house that still stands. I have seen fields too with almost no iron. They had random piles of stones and were lines with stones. There was even a nearby barn on the other side of the old road. I just managed 1 ox shoe in the area. They were preparing the fields but never utilized them which is why there was no iron from activity. You prob just found the far fields not used. Good luck at the next site.

Other than all the problems at least you got out and that is always a blessing!
    Psalms 24:1 ¶ The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!
    Member Dayton Diggers CTX 3030- Minelab E-Trac

click here to view my finds album