Thread: Slim pickings lately

Slim pickings lately

Haven't had much success lately in the coin department but have found a few items to show off. An old brass shot gun shell, not in great shape but cool anyway

Sorry about the picture quality but can't be helped. I believe this is something off of a horse bridle, a rosette I believe but I don't know much about horses but have pony rides at this park during the June dairy days celebration

And a door knob. I did mention that it has been slow

Trying to get in what hunting I can before it freezes

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

Been wondering what you have been up to! Still some interesting finds-it's been slim pickings in my area too. Got the local parks pretty much stripped out, though nothing but mostly clad and costume jewelry. One older park nearby but the trash is horrendous-much worse than the campgrounds! Just bought the 6" coil for the CTX but haven't had the time to try it yet.

You still at the campgrounds, or back in Markeson?
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Keep plugging away, the keepers are out there.
    V3i- Prism IV- Pro Pointer
    2020 GOAL: Any Flowing Hair coin

TOTAL 100 YEAR OLD COINS - -280
    2020:
    Silver: 11

Oldest U.S. Copper - 1795 Liberty Cap
    Oldest U.S. Silver - 1829 Capped Bust Dime extra large 10C
    Click here to view my album

That's a sweet rosette! Back bar still on it? Those door handles were interesting too, I remember my family having them. I actually hate shot gun shells and don't want to see any pictures Congrats and I hope things pick up for you soon.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew

Keep plugging away and something good will pop up (that's what I tell myself anyway ) . It eventually does but not quite as soon or as frequently as I would like . I like the old doorknob .

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    Been wondering what you have been up to! Still some interesting finds-it's been slim pickings in my area too. Got the local parks pretty much stripped out, though nothing but mostly clad and costume jewelry. One older park nearby but the trash is horrendous-much worse than the campgrounds! Just bought the 6" coil for the CTX but haven't had the time to try it yet.

You still at the campgrounds, or back in Markeson?
    I'm in markesan. Lots of iron junk in the elementary school yard and the parks. The one park was dedicated in 1947 so I'm hoping that there may be some silver hiding that everybody else has missed

Keep at it. Yesterday I did find a shotgun shell where the brass was an inch tall. I didn't save it because there were other finds that were better, but it was interesting to find.

the long brass tube type shotgun shells are old ! the few i have found i do keep and the porcelain and glass door knobs are cool , i have yet to find one that wasn't broken all up. I do like the rosette is the back attachment still on it ??
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    the long brass tube type shotgun shells are old ! the few i have found i do keep and the porcelain and glass door knobs are cool , i have yet to find one that wasn't broken all up. I do like the rosette is the back attachment still on it ??
    No the back wasn't on. Maybe the next one

Quote Originally Posted by OxShoeDrew View Post
    That's a sweet rosette! Back bar still on it? Those door handles were interesting too, I remember my family having them. I actually hate shot gun shells and don't want to see any pictures Congrats and I hope things pick up for you soon.
    No that wasn't on yet. Maybe the next one