Thread: Group Hunt, Then Solo

Threaded View

Group Hunt, Then Solo

I had the pleasure of spending a day (whole day ) with Lee, Brian, and Dan last Saturday. We hiked over a mile into the hilly woods on paths as old as they come in the US.
    Dan brought us to one of his sites, a seriously large hole I'm usually the one who runs away and isn't heard from, but that day I never lost site of the hole as I kept digging non-ferrous targets within yards of the cellar. The saddle decoration and drawer pull were right near the lip...but oddly, NO COINS!
    On the way out Dan found a REALLY old hole that we (or at least I) would have walked right by. There were tombac buttons everywhere...but again, NO COINS
    I got to see Lee dig his first ox shoe and hopefully his last ...also dandy with a bust!? Did you ever ID that?
    ...and I saw Brian dig a sweetly designed dandy button!
    This morning I went to one of my fields....slipping on cow poop and wet grass, I dug the four coins and colonial knee buckle frame. Thanks for looking!

PS I finally found out what those oval, two piece things are!!! I found a bunch of them together, along with the clips, they are for coats. The clip fit perfectly in the base....then I remembered having a coat like that!!! So they are old, but NOT THAT OLD
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by OxShoeDrew; 11-11-2015 at 03:56 PM.
    On Instagram- oxshoedrew