Thread: Year of the fish..................scale

Veteran Member leslie(nova scotia)'s Avatar

Year of the fish..................scale

Man who hunts at low tide will get wet if he stays too long. Believe an ancient Chinese philosopher once said that. So I headed out at low tide to Halifax Harbour to get a fix. Sure was great to be swinging the Pro and getting a warm up for April's yearly 2 week romp down on some southern island where the sun always shines, one can swish with the Seahunter MK11 and not get turned into a Popsicle and arthritis is just a memory.
    First find of the day was an eye ball one...a marble. Confucius say, "Man who finds lost marble has many more to find." A few pennies, small and large along with a fish scale came next....all left in the toaster way too long. Silver 5 center from what I can see is 1917. First dig of the new year..is it a sign?
    From the land of the Bluenose.....life is a beach at least till the tide comes in and the Bud is all gone. Swish and dig at the drop of a dime!

Congrats and well done-very nice finds. Always good to be able to hunt in January!
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

I wish these pics would come up on my browser....

Nice that you got a silver nickel. You prob can only do ocean hunting right now, right?