Not dead, just busy and forgot to post up in AD the past couple weeks. Sorry!

On 10/31 Dan and I headed out for a 2'nd shot at locating a home site in an area that had lots of walls and activity, but no luck, and no finds. What I thought was a button is an early type of rosette from Dan explained.
We gave up and moved to the site that's coughed up good finds for Drew, Dan, and I the past couple months. It went real slow. We managed a few buttons each before Dan had to leave early to do some family stuff. I hung out a couple more hours with very little to show for it until I wandered back to work the lip of the cellar hole again.

Got the coil between a couple pricker bushes, and bingo. A sweet mid-upper 70's on the MXT! Begging for a coin, but got something better. Knowing what Dan had dug there not long ago, I took a wild guess that it was part of a Brown Bess. And I was right for a change ! It's the upper plate (thumb plate?) that connects to Dan's trigger guard through the stock via a long screw.
It got quiet after that, and after maybe another hour called it quits. Someone's old GM car keys were my last find o' the day.
Name:  BessPlate1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  BessPlate2.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  BrownBess1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  26.5 KB

HUNT #2:
Two days later I joined up with a few friends here in CT to hit a couple spots in Coventry. They were pretty beat to death. 4 of us managed very few finds and a fantastic number of shotgun shells. The 1'st spot got my hopes up early with half a shoe buckle frame. After that was 6 hours of boring. Think I managed a musket ball in an animal pen. Wonder what was for dinner that day?
Here's my wrap for those two hunts.
Name:  Group2.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  101.0 KB

HUNT #3:
On Nov 7'th, Dan and I met up with Lee and Drew for a hunt. We found a couple of great large sites, but they didn't produce for us. I dug plenty of junk at them, and that was it.
On the hike out near the end of the day we went down a different trail and got rewarded by a couple low stone walls on each side and a nice clear area with a stone pile. Nice cabin site.
We got in about an hour before it started getting dark, and all of us were popping buttons. 3 out of the 4 I dug were tombacs. One being large with a nice scalloped pattern.
Lee got a very interesting large pewter button with what looked like a left-facing bust. Curious to see what it turns out to be. Dan and I returned there this past Saturday. I'll get that post up soon. I promise!
Name:  Buttons1.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  82.3 KB

Name:  Buttons2.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  89.6 KB