Thread: Hot Weekend Silver

Hot Weekend Silver

The heat and humidity has been a real pain these past few days, but I did manage to get out for a few hunts. The following are my finds.

These two silver dimes I picked up during a very short impromptu hunt, less than ten minutes actually. I need more such hunts.

An old padlock I had found at another location.

These are from Saturday's hunt. The Barber dime is dated 1916-S. I had to cut the hunt short when thunder and rain forced me to take cover.

Except for the square buckle on the left, all of these were in the same hole.

Today's finds. The 1920 mercury dime is in great shape. It is one of the nicest one I have found from that year.

The 1856 seated dime isn't in as good shape as the 1920 mercury dime, but it is still one sweet find!

There are 26 wheat cents and two Indian Head cents in the pile.

These are two interesting looking junk rings. The one on the left has religious symbols on the side of the band.

HH!

Re: Hot Weekend Silver

What an awesome pile of finds, can't imagine what you would have found if it was low humidity and in the 70's!
    Minelab Equinox 600 & Whites Coinmaster, Garrett Propointer, Lesche Digger
    Oldest silver: 1853 Half-dime & 1876S Seated Quarter / Oldest coin: 1849 US Large Cent / 1854 Upper Canada One Penny Bank Token

Veteran Member

Great finds Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by angellionel View Post
    The heat and humidity has been a real pain these past few days
    past few days Angel more like the past couple of weeks have been down right nasty with temps and humidity for detecting not to mention the ground was getting very dry . so with conditions less than ideal you've been doing very well my friend . i can't wait till late september and on for some of the best detecting weather and results . that 1920 merc is a stunning coin for detail , congrats on the continued success .

Dan

wow Angel, How many Seated coins have you found this year? Im guessing at least 10.. You are doing excellent, and you must have lots of parks in your area, which is nice. (old parks that is) Great Job

Gorgeous Mercury dime...they don't make 'em any better than that one The Seated is sweet too and a welcomed site. One of the rings looks like it's has something to do with theater?? Great bunch of finds except for them buckles

another spectacular hunt angel! geesh i don't what else to say
    maybe ummm.....C'MON 1000 SILVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    past few days Angel more like the past couple of weeks have been down right nasty with temps and humidity for detecting not to mention the ground was getting very dry . so with conditions less than ideal you've been doing very well my friend . i can't wait till late september and on for some of the best detecting weather and results . that 1920 merc is a stunning coin for detail , congrats on the continued success .

Dan
    Yeah, it has been brutal! Autumn should be great weather for detecting.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillcomics View Post
    wow Angel, How many Seated coins have you found this year? Im guessing at least 10.. You are doing excellent, and you must have lots of parks in your area, which is nice. (old parks that is) Great Job
    This year I have found 11. Finding Barbers has been better though. So far I have found 103.

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    Gorgeous Mercury dime...they don't make 'em any better than that one The Seated is sweet too and a welcomed site. One of the rings looks like it's has something to do with theater?? Great bunch of finds except for them buckles
    I think you are right about the ring's design being related to the Theater. It's too bad it isn't silver though.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVYMETALNUT View Post
    another spectacular hunt angel! geesh i don't what else to say
    maybe ummm.....C'MON 1000 SILVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shooting for 750.

your 55 GALLON DRUM of silver coins must be close to full capacity by now huh?
    2008-14 coppers
    2009-32 coppers
    2010-34 coppers 2-GW buttons
    2011- 80 & 3/4 coppers 1-GW button
    2012- 92 coppers/large cents 1-GW button
    2013- 57 1/4 coppers 6- GW Buttons
    2014- 69 coppers 1-GW button
    2015- 20 1/4 coppers
    2016-44 coppers 1-GW button
    2017-19 & 1/2 coppers
    2018-19 coppers 1-GW
    2019-5 coppers
    click to see my photo album

That 1920 Dime must've been very new when it was dropped.
    Nice silver!
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28