Had about 3 hours to hunt today, but needed to get back home by early afternoon so couldn't stray far. Hit a familiar hole in my favorite 600 acre park in town, slowing down in the iron by using the small 4" coil and low discrimination on the F2. This is the same hole that coughed up 3 IHs, a Merc and an 1857 large Canadian bank token a few weeks back. Finds were slow to come by and no coins but did manage to snag a lead filled rosette, a Gibb & Co. suspender clip (c. late 1800s), a nice little one piece button with a star pattern and an interesting old coaster (at least I believe that's what it is) with a cloud and sun pattern on the front. I also included a picture of the back which has a hand-scribbled "CHINA" along the edge. Really odd and definitely not a modern "Made in China" object. I'm thinking early 20th century for that but you guys may have a better guess. The spot also gave up a customary ox knob, a shankless flat button, a 1960s era pocket knife and a few common horse-tack buckles. Lastly I included a shot of the junk I dug today and a pic of my relic shack in the back of my garage showing most of my finds from this year. My kids call it my nerd shack where I go and hide on some evenings . It's been a good year hunting for me and I can't complain one bit - very thankful to have discovered this wonderful hobby. This weekend I'm back to the colonial corn fields across the lake which should surely yield a few more goodies. No snow on the ground yet here in northern New England...almost unheard of this late in the year but no complaining for this guy. Thanks for looking and HH.

John

Name:  Dec1_finds.png
Views: 166
Size:  180.9 KBName:  Dec1_rosette_front.png
Views: 162
Size:  210.3 KBName:  Dec1_rosette_back.png
Views: 168
Size:  236.7 KBName:  Dec1_starbutton.png
Views: 155
Size:  223.1 KBName:  Dec1_suspenderbuckle.png
Views: 163
Size:  212.6 KBName:  Dec1_coasterfront.png