Thread: New from MA

Elite Member

New from MA

I was fortunate enough to meet the ledgendary Angel in the flesh a few months ago at a site we were both hitting. I also had the pleasure of meeting John at the same site over a few weeks. We pulled some great stuff out of there. Angel told me about this site and I've been following it for awhile, but I finally decided to join up. I've been hunting for about 20yrs. I started of in TN civil war relic hunting, then someone broke into my car and stole my 2 detectors. So I was out for awhile. I moved north about 9 yrs ago. I picked the hobby back up about 3 yrs ago. I hunt with a Garret 1350, love it! I started with a White's detector, but after relic hunting with another guy who had a Garret MAster Hunter who just followed behind me picking up more stuff than I was finding, I changed and haven't looked back.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Re: New from MA

well hello Rob and welcome to the forum , its great to have another experienced detectorist here . i bet you miss the relic hunting down south , huh and would love to see some of the items you've recovered .

Dan
    "Honesty is an expensive gift ,
    so don't expect it from cheap people"

XP Deus II , DFX ,TDI sl -

Click here to view my finds album

Elite Member

Dan, enjoyed your article on cellars. Something we don't have down south, opens my mind to possibilities up here in Yankee country. I have changed from relic hunting to coinshooting since moving. I have found that I actually enjoy it more. It also helps with the wife who gets a bit frustrated at me for taking her kitchen counter over after an outing to clean things up. I tell her at least I have a hobby that makes money instead of just forking it out. If I were to come home with what she deems junk all the time, my life would be a bit harder.
    2014 Goals: 20 Silver, 5 Large Coppers, 1 Gold Coin (not anticipating being able to detect much this year; NEW BABY HERE!!)
    So Far: (0) Silver; (2) KG, LC 1807; (2) IH; (3) Buff

2013 Total: 36 Silver; 5LC (including 1 FUGIO)
    2012 Total:101 Silver; 11 LC

Legendary? Only in my own mind, and only while having one of my wild detecting dreams. lol Thank you, though, Rob!

It's great to have you join us. thumbsup01 We have a great group of fellow detectorists here, and we do learn from each other's experience and knowledge. Welcome aboard!

Welcome Rob from another Massachusetts guy. Don't worry, I survived a couple of hunts with Angel lol After a couple of days off, it doesn't hurt as bad Can't wait to see what you find. Look around and have some fun admiring the things everyone else is finding. We have a gallery section (Media) that is to drool for lol
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Hi Rob, a bit late but welcome thumbsup01 Glad to have you!
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

I'm a bit late also ,but....
    Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime

Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum from suburban Chicago!