Thread: new coil for 705 minelab

new coil for 705 minelab

I am wanting to get a new dd coil for my 705 x terra and was wondering if any of you can give me ideas on the best for relics and coins thanks
    minelab x-terra 305&705

I have a 705 with several DD coils. The Minelab 7.5 KHz coil is pretty good, but for overall performance and versatility you may want to consider the NEL multi frequency line of coils. Those you can use at any of the 3 frequencies the 705 uses by turning off power and turning it back on within 3 seconds which will toggle to the next frequency in line. I have the 15" attack and the 12.5" X 8.5" Hunter coil. The 15" running 3KHz is the deepest and can reach 24" plus deep on large coin size targets. The Hunter coil is still plenty deep, but has good separation and can more easily get around and between tighter areas such as corn rows or trees.

As a side note, I may be persuaded to part with one or several of my coils since I upgraded to a CTX now. The NEL coils I only had about a week before I found the CTX deal I couldn't pass up and have only had a few hours use.
    Last edited by Digger_O'Dell; 01-10-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!

Quote Originally Posted by Digger_O'Dell View Post
    I have a 705 with several DD coils. The Minelab 7.5 KHz coil is pretty good, but for overall performance and versatility you may want to consider the NEL multi frequency line of coils. Those you can use at any of the 3 frequencies the 705 uses by turning off power and turning it back on within 3 seconds which will toggle to the next frequency in line. I have the 15" attack and the 12.5" X 8.5" Hunter coil. The 15" running 3KHz is the deepest and can reach 24" plus deep on large coin size targets. The Hunter coil is still plenty deep, but has good separation and can more easily get around and between tighter areas such as corn rows or trees.

As a side note, I may be persuaded to part with one or several of my coils since I upgraded to a CTX now. The NEL coils I only had about a week before I found the CTX deal I couldn't pass up and have only had a few hours use.
    what kind of price you have on the hunter coil
    minelab x-terra 305&705

PM sent
    Equipment:
    Minelab: CTX 3030, GPX 4800, X-Terra 705. Whites TDI SL.

2024: Silver 1, Gold 0
    Best finds: 28 silver dime spill, 1800s Dutch customs seal.
    Oldest/best coins: Late 1700's Chinese Cash Coin, 1837 Upper Canada large cent, 1877 Seated Dime
    Oldest Relic find: 1800 Sailors Luck token
    You Tube: Rediscovering America
    Quote: Treasures are like potato chips, you can never have just one!