Thread: Last 4 hunts... IH's, Wheaties, Merc, Sterling Jewelry, Coppa, and Lead Ball!

Last 4 hunts... IH's, Wheaties, Merc, Sterling Jewelry, Coppa, and Lead Ball!

Hello all!

Now that the heat has come down a little... I got out this week...

1st Hunt:

I hit a town park that I had never been to... and there was one spot that produced... I was getting a spotty 12/47 signal @ 8-10

Not much on this side... Just one small line...

This side you can see the wreath and the 1 over line... Weight and size suggest Drapped Bust Large Cent...

Central Vermont Rail way thinkingabout:

1924 Buffalo...

Fatty! Its toast...

1906 IH...

Hunt #2: I hit a town Green...

1940 D Merc...

Sterling Silver Ring:

Hunt #3: Another Green...

1905 IH

Sterling Silver Pennant:

Hunt #4: A School then a State Park...

There were 5 old buttons in the mix...

The park was loaded with Lead Ball...

What is this one

Smaller shot...

Is this old or new lead?

Happy Hunting all!
    Paul
    2013 Totals: 4 Coppers 37 Silver Coins 18 Indian Heads 4 V Nickels 5 Buffalos 137 Wheaties 4 Sterling Items
    Website: http://www.ctdirtfisher.com YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CtDirtFisher

Re: Last 4 hunts... IH's, Wheaties, Merc, Sterling Jewelry, Coppa, and Lead Ball!

Lots of great stuff you found!! thumbsup01 Looks like you definately found a Lg Cent!! Too bad the ground ate up your IH's, I really love finding them in whatever the condition.
    White's Spectra V3i "update", MXT, Prizm V, and Sun Ray Invader DX-1.
    Coils: stock 950 on MXT; 10" DD, Super 12, 950 Eclipse, and 4x6 DD Eclipse Shooter for the V3.

"The only person who never made a mistake never did anything!!"

Re: Last 4 hunts... IH's, Wheaties, Merc, Sterling Jewelry, Coppa, and Lead Ball!

Well I see you got rid of all that pent up energy you been storing, since you couldn't detect lol Some nice finds. Congrats on the Draped Bust and them Indians. That toasted fatty has to be an 1859 (first year Indian). thumbsup01 That park sure has lots of musket balls in it A really wide range of relics. I'd say you had some good hunts.
    Finding relics is in my blood

GPX 5000, CTX 3030, E Trac, Vista Gold

Hey, is good to see you are back on track detecting. You had several good hunts, and some sweet finds. I feel your pain about the coppers, they just tend not to hold up well at most sites. :-\

Great finds, even though those coppers are toast they are sure good to dig up
    Minelab E-Trac/Sun Ray X-1 -- Minelab Sovereign GT/Sun Ray S-1 -- White's v3i/Sun Ray DX-1
    Fisher CZ3D -- Tesoro Tiger Shark -- Garrett ACE 250

Quote Originally Posted by coinnut View Post
    That toasted fatty has to be an 1859 (first year Indian).
    Correct- you can tell it is an 1859 from the wreath on the reverse which was used that one year only.
    From The Pacific Northwest to Orange County...
    White's XLT, Ace 250 - 2010 YTD $4.28

Well well well you've been busy !!
    You've found all kindsa' goodies !!
    I like the ring! To bad the coppa is toasted
    Congrats on the finds
    Some days you get the corn, some days you get the cob
    ​Oldest coin: ​70 B.C. "Harlow Flyer" gold qtr. Stater
    Oldest U.S. coin: 1814 Capped Bust Dime